All Genius are requested to have a look please . . - HP UX

This is a discussion on All Genius are requested to have a look please . . - HP UX ; Hi Folks! Can anyone help me on the follwoing issue : cc -o /csweblgn -rv \ -ldld LPATH=/usr/lib/hpux32:/opt/langtools/lib/hpux32 /usr/ccs/bin/ld -r -o /csweblgn -ldld ld: The shared library "/usr/lib/hpux32/libdld.so" cannot be processed in a relocatable link Fatal error. removing /var/tmp/AAAa29466 *** ...

  1. All Genius are requested to have a look please . .

    Hi Folks!

    Can anyone help me on the follwoing issue :

    cc -o /csweblgn -rv \
    -ldld
    LPATH=/usr/lib/hpux32:/opt/langtools/lib/hpux32
    /usr/ccs/bin/ld -r -o /csweblgn -ldld
    ld: The shared library "/usr/lib/hpux32/libdld.so" cannot be processed
    in a relocatable link
    Fatal error.
    removing /var/tmp/AAAa29466
    *** Error exit code 1

    Stop.

    I am trying to compile this on HP-Itanium.
    Any help is highly appreciated... Thanks a lot in advance!! Its urgent
    guys, please help.

  2. Re: All Genius are requested to have a look please . .

    sudhansutiwari@gmail.com wrote:

    > Can anyone help me on the follwoing issue :
    >
    > cc -o /csweblgn -rv \
    > -ldld
    > LPATH=/usr/lib/hpux32:/opt/langtools/lib/hpux32
    > /usr/ccs/bin/ld -r -o /csweblgn -ldld
    > ld: The shared library "/usr/lib/hpux32/libdld.so" cannot be processed
    > in a relocatable link

    The problem is caused by the "-rv" option in your cc command. The
    "-r" part
    isn't a cc option, so it gets passed through to the linker - which
    interprets it as
    a command to perform a relocatable (.o file in -> .o file out) link.
    Shared libraries
    are nonsensical in a relocatable link, hence the error.

    What did you want to happen in response to the "-rv" option?

    - Carl Burch

    HP WDB Team

  3. Re: All Genius are requested to have a look please . .

    On Feb 5, 11:11 pm, "Carl Burch" wrote:
    > sudhansutiw...@gmail.com wrote:
    > > Can anyone help me on the follwoing issue :

    > > cc -o /csweblgn -rv \
    > > -ldld
    > > LPATH=/usr/lib/hpux32:/opt/langtools/lib/hpux32
    > > /usr/ccs/bin/ld -r -o /csweblgn -ldld
    > > ld: The shared library "/usr/lib/hpux32/libdld.so" cannot be processed
    > > in a relocatable link

    > The problem is caused by the "-rv" option in your cc command. The
    > "-r" part
    > isn't a cc option, so it gets passed through to the linker - which
    > interprets it as
    > a command to perform a relocatable (.o file in -> .o file out) link.
    > Shared libraries
    > are nonsensical in a relocatable link, hence the error.
    >
    > What did you want to happen in response to the "-rv" option?
    >
    > - Carl Burch
    >
    > HP WDB Team

    Hi Carl!!

    Thanks a lot for your suggestion, I'll definately try it and
    get back to youwith the results as soon as possible . . I had included
    "r" option to retain relocation information in the output file for
    subsequent re-linking. Catch you soon . . bye for now . .

  4. Re: All Genius are requested to have a look please . .

    sudhansutiwari@gmail.com wrote:
    > I had included
    > "r" option to retain relocation information in the output file for
    > subsequent re-linking.

    Then you want to use ld -r and remove any shared libs.
    Any reason you want to combine objects?

+ Reply to Thread