HP 712 memory - HP UX

This is a discussion on HP 712 memory - HP UX ; I realize this is not a hardware forum, but hopefully it's a good place to ask the question... Can someone tell me what type of memory is used in an HP 712? It's my understanding that it would be a ...

  1. HP 712 memory

    I realize this is not a hardware forum, but hopefully it's a good place to
    ask the question... Can someone tell me what type of memory is used in an
    HP 712? It's my understanding that it would be a proprietary type, but
    someone I was talking to recently thought perhaps that's not the case. Can
    anyone here please clear that up for me or point me to an appropriate
    resource?

    thanks!

    --
    James
    http://www.e-host-direct.com

  2. Re: HP 712 memory

    On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 09:58:55 -0600, Slor wrote:
    >I realize this is not a hardware forum, but hopefully it's a good place to
    >ask the question... Can someone tell me what type of memory is used in an
    >HP 712? It's my understanding that it would be a proprietary type, but
    >someone I was talking to recently thought perhaps that's not the case. Can
    >anyone here please clear that up for me or point me to an appropriate
    >resource?

    The information on http://www.openpa.net/systems/712.html suggests that
    regular 72-pin ECC SIMS can be used.

    HTH,
    --
    Maurice

  3. Re: HP 712 memory

    Maurice Janssen wrote:

    > The information on http://www.openpa.net/systems/712.html suggests that
    > regular 72-pin ECC SIMS can be used.

    You haven't read carefully:
    http://www.openpa.net/mem.html

    Even though it's 72pin RAM, it's not compatible with generic
    72pin SIMMs.

    gruss,
    Dennis

    --