where to find details about compilation error/warning - HP UX

This is a discussion on where to find details about compilation error/warning - HP UX ; Hi On HPUX 11.11 and with cc compiler, I have added the +M compilation option. Many warnings as "ANSI migration warning 713" are generated on each procedure call. Where can I find the meaning of such message and how to ...

  1. where to find details about compilation error/warning

    Hi

    On HPUX 11.11 and with cc compiler, I have added the +M compilation
    option.
    Many warnings as "ANSI migration warning 713" are generated on each
    procedure call.
    Where can I find the meaning of such message and how to solve them
    Thanks in advance

  2. Re: where to find details about compilation error/warning

    awalter1 wrote:
    : On HPUX 11.11 and with cc compiler, I have added the +M compilation option.
    : Many warnings as "ANSI migration warning 713" are generated on each
    : procedure call.
    : Where can I find the meaning of such message and how to solve them

    It should be obvious from the message:
    713 Function%1$s defined in compatibility style.

    This means it is using:
    int foo(bar) int bar; { ... }

    The correct way to do this is the C/C++/C99 way:
    int foo(int bar) { ... }

    Unfortunately I don't see warning 713 on:
    /opt/ansic/html/guide/C/errors.html
    http://docs.hp.com/en/5921/errors.html

  3. Re: where to find details about compilation error/warning

    Thanks a lot for the link that I have search for a long time and for
    your explanation.

    But I get also the message "cpp: "C_From_PC/HAdx_wairpor.c", line 0:
    warning 2021:". (with no message text)
    and how do you understand that the cpp warning are less and equal to
    2018 ?
    Best regards

    Tammy L Morford a écrit :
    > awalter1 wrote:
    > : On HPUX 11.11 and with cc compiler, I have added the +M compilation option.
    > : Many warnings as "ANSI migration warning 713" are generated on each
    > : procedure call.
    > : Where can I find the meaning of such message and how to solve them
    >
    > It should be obvious from the message:
    > 713 Function%1$s defined in compatibility style.
    >
    > This means it is using:
    > int foo(bar) int bar; { ... }
    >
    > The correct way to do this is the C/C++/C99 way:
    > int foo(int bar) { ... }
    >
    > Unfortunately I don't see warning 713 on:
    > /opt/ansic/html/guide/C/errors.html
    > http://docs.hp.com/en/5921/errors.html

  4. Re: where to find details about compilation error/warning

    Tammy L Morford a écrit :
    > awalter1 wrote:
    > : On HPUX 11.11 and with cc compiler, I have added the +M compilation option.
    > : Many warnings as "ANSI migration warning 713" are generated on each
    > : procedure call.
    > : Where can I find the meaning of such message and how to solve them
    >
    > It should be obvious from the message:
    > 713 Function%1$s defined in compatibility style.
    >
    > This means it is using:
    > int foo(bar) int bar; { ... }
    >
    > The correct way to do this is the C/C++/C99 way:
    > int foo(int bar) { ... }
    >
    > Unfortunately I don't see warning 713 on:
    > /opt/ansic/html/guide/C/errors.html
    > http://docs.hp.com/en/5921/errors.html

  5. Re: where to find details about compilation error/warning

    awalter1 wrote:
    > Thanks a lot for the link that I have search for a long time and for
    > your explanation.

    Something is wrong with your installation. What is the value of
    NLSPATH? If this is corrected you'll see the text of the messages.

    > But I get also the message "cpp: "C_From_PC/HAdx_wairpor.c", line 0:
    > warning 2021:". (with no message text)
    > and how do you understand that the cpp warning are less and equal to
    > 2018?

    I believe I mentioned that before:
    $ dumpmsg /usr/lib/nls/msg/C/cpp.cat | fgrep 2021
    2021 warning %1$d: Possibly incorrect message catalog.

  6. Re: where to find details about compilation error/warning

    > I believe I mentioned that before:
    > $ dumpmsg /usr/lib/nls/msg/C/cpp.cat | fgrep 2021
    > 2021 warning %1$d: Possibly incorrect message catalog.

    Interesting command
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread