sys/stat.h with Motif on HP-UX B10.20 - HP UX

This is a discussion on sys/stat.h with Motif on HP-UX B10.20 - HP UX ; Hi, I'm trying to compile code that includes both sys/stat and Motif libraries, but the presence of the Motif includes (regardless of position) seems to prevent the stat.h from being included. In fact, running the application through the preprocessor results ...

  1. sys/stat.h with Motif on HP-UX B10.20

    Hi,

    I'm trying to compile code that includes both sys/stat and Motif
    libraries, but the presence of the Motif includes (regardless of
    position) seems to prevent the stat.h from being included. In fact,
    running the application through the preprocessor results in only
    something like:
    # 1 "stat.h"
    # 14
    when a Motif include is present, otherwise the whole file gets
    included. I suppose I could cut-and-paste preprocessor output and
    compile that, or split the source files into stat.h-only and
    Motif-only, but is there a reason for this, or a better workaround?

    Thanks

  2. Re: sys/stat.h with Motif on HP-UX B10.20

    santiago538 wrote:
    : I'm trying to compile code that includes both sys/stat and Motif
    : libraries, but the presence of the Motif includes (regardless of
    : position) seems to prevent the stat.h from being included.

    Do you have a small test case?
    What -Ds and -Is are you using?

    If you don't use -D_POSIX_SOURCE or -D_HPUX_SOURCE, you won't get anything
    in .

    : but is there a reason for this, or a better workaround?

    I need an example to duplicate.

+ Reply to Thread