Remove a drive from a broken mirror? - HP UX

This is a discussion on Remove a drive from a broken mirror? - HP UX ; Hi. I'm a relative newbie on HPUX, but have longtime experience with SGI and Linux, so can follow instructions and hints fairly well. :-) OS: HP-UX 11.11 I have a mirror, as follows: lg1: 0/4/1/0/4/1.0.0 pg0 0/4/1/0/4/1.1.0 pg0 (failed) 0/4/1/0/4/1.2.0 ...

  1. Remove a drive from a broken mirror?

    Hi. I'm a relative newbie on HPUX, but have longtime experience with SGI
    and Linux, so can follow instructions and hints fairly well. :-)

    OS: HP-UX 11.11

    I have a mirror, as follows:
    lg1:
    0/4/1/0/4/1.0.0 pg0
    0/4/1/0/4/1.1.0 pg0 (failed)
    0/4/1/0/4/1.2.0 pg1
    0/4/1/0/4/1.3.0 pg1

    The failed drive has been removed from the system, awaiting replacement,
    and the system has since been rebooted, so it doesn't show up in the
    inventory.

    We also have a problem, where the filesystem on these drives is full.
    While we're awaiting extra drives, I'd like to detach the mirror (so the
    filesystem is running on pg1) and take the drive at 1.0.0 and attach it
    to pg1 so the filesystem can be extended. What steps do I need to take?

    Thanks,
    ~Steve

  2. Re: Remove a drive from a broken mirror?

    "Steve Allen" wrote in message
    > Hi. I'm a relative newbie on HPUX, but have longtime experience with SGI
    > and Linux, so can follow instructions and hints fairly well. :-)
    >
    > OS: HP-UX 11.11
    >
    > I have a mirror, as follows:
    > lg1:
    > 0/4/1/0/4/1.0.0 pg0
    > 0/4/1/0/4/1.1.0 pg0 (failed)
    > 0/4/1/0/4/1.2.0 pg1
    > 0/4/1/0/4/1.3.0 pg1
    >
    > The failed drive has been removed from the system, awaiting replacement,
    > and the system has since been rebooted, so it doesn't show up in the
    > inventory.
    >
    > We also have a problem, where the filesystem on these drives is full.
    > While we're awaiting extra drives, I'd like to detach the mirror (so the
    > filesystem is running on pg1) and take the drive at 1.0.0 and attach it
    > to pg1 so the filesystem can be extended. What steps do I need to take?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > ~Steve

    google "When Good Disks Go Bad"
    first hit

  3. Re: Remove a drive from a broken mirror?

    In article ,
    "M" writes:
    > "Steve Allen" wrote in message
    >> The failed drive has been removed from the system, awaiting replacement,
    >> and the system has since been rebooted, so it doesn't show up in the
    >> inventory.

    > google "When Good Disks Go Bad"
    > first hit

    Cool! Thanks!