RMI on HP-UX - application closes after bind - HP UX

This is a discussion on RMI on HP-UX - application closes after bind - HP UX ; Hi, i'm trying to get to work RMI on HP-UX B.11.11 U 9000/800 with java "1.4.2.02". I've got a working example of a rmi app. It is tested on Windows xp and works fine. All it does is just: say ...

  1. RMI on HP-UX - application closes after bind

    Hi,

    i'm trying to get to work RMI on HP-UX B.11.11 U 9000/800 with java
    "1.4.2.02".
    I've got a working example of a rmi app.
    It is tested on Windows xp and works fine.
    All it does is just: say hello, show time. /it's an example from
    Thinking in Enterprise Java by Bruce Eckel/.
    When i start the server part of the application, it runs great, gives
    no error nor exception, but closes after few seconds - just after the
    bind to rmiregistry.
    Is there anything i should do or add?
    Here is the main method:
    public static void main(String[] args)
    throws Exception {
    System.setSecurityManager(
    new RMISecurityManager());
    PerfectTime pt = new PerfectTime();
    Naming.bind("//localhost/PerfectTime", pt);
    System.out.println("Ready to do time");
    }

    When run on windows, after the bind and printing Ready to do time, it
    holds and waits for connections from clients.
    On hp-ux it just closes.
    What should i do? How to solve this?

    Best regards,
    Krystian

  2. Re: RMI on HP-UX - application closes after bind

    Krystian wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > i'm trying to get to work RMI on HP-UX B.11.11 U 9000/800 with java
    > "1.4.2.02".
    > I've got a working example of a rmi app.
    > It is tested on Windows xp and works fine.
    > All it does is just: say hello, show time. /it's an example from
    > Thinking in Enterprise Java by Bruce Eckel/.
    > When i start the server part of the application, it runs great, gives
    > no error nor exception, but closes after few seconds - just after the
    > bind to rmiregistry.
    > Is there anything i should do or add?
    > Here is the main method:
    > public static void main(String[] args)
    > throws Exception {
    > System.setSecurityManager(
    > new RMISecurityManager());
    > PerfectTime pt = new PerfectTime();
    > Naming.bind("//localhost/PerfectTime", pt);
    > System.out.println("Ready to do time");
    > }
    >
    > When run on windows, after the bind and printing Ready to do time, it
    > holds and waits for connections from clients.
    > On hp-ux it just closes.
    > What should i do? How to solve this?
    >
    >From what i have read it might be.. normal.

    But my client can't connect to the rmiregistry!
    I get:
    Exception in thread "main" java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection
    refused to host
    : 10.13.221.43; nested exception is:
    java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out

    But then i check Naming.list i get a list of binds /one exactly/.

    What's wrong here?
    How come i can check binds but can't connect with client?

    My policy:
    grant { permission java.security.AllPermission; };

    Please, help me with this, it's urgent for me :/

+ Reply to Thread