donstarter - HP UX

This is a discussion on donstarter - HP UX ; my hp9000-d doesnot start further then this: init c440 serial 1 in the fronsceen what is wrong? has anything died? //wimsl...

  1. donstarter

    my hp9000-d doesnot start further then this:
    init c440
    serial 1
    in the fronsceen
    what is wrong? has anything died?
    //wimsl

  2. Re: donstarter

    Now it starts!! After ten stupid minutes.

    Only, bootprocess loops : it says it starts something not found: NFS SERVER
    NOT RESPONDING STILL TRYING What shouuld I do? //wimsl

    "xs" schreef in bericht
    > my hp9000-d doesnot start further then this:
    > init c440
    > serial 1
    > in the fronsceen
    > what is wrong? has anything died?
    > //wimsl

  3. Re: donstarter

    xs wrote:
    > Now it starts!! After ten stupid minutes.

    Depending on the system and the firmware and the configuration,
    self-tests can take rather a long time although ten minutes for a D
    Class does seem rather a long time.

    > Only, bootprocess loops : it says it starts something not found: NFS
    > SERVER NOT RESPONDING STILL TRYING What shouuld I do? //wimsl

    Boot into single-user mode, and reconfigure the machine to no longer
    be an NFS client (or server for that matter). Or make sure the system
    is connected to a network which will allow it to connect to the NFS
    server it seeks.

    rick jones
    where do you want to be today?