PA-RISC1.1 and 2.0 library - HP UX

This is a discussion on PA-RISC1.1 and 2.0 library - HP UX ; I compiled an appilcation with gcc with both PA-RISC1.1 and 2.0 libs. The executable compiled fine. However when I am doing an shl_findsym() on 1.1 lib, there is Seg Fault. Am not quite sure how to determine if the system ...

  1. PA-RISC1.1 and 2.0 library

    I compiled an appilcation with gcc with both PA-RISC1.1 and 2.0 libs.
    The executable compiled fine.
    However when I am doing an shl_findsym() on 1.1 lib, there is Seg
    Fault.

    Am not quite sure how to determine if the system is PA-RISC1.1 or 2.0
    Running HP-UX B.11.00
    $ model
    9000/800/L3000-5x

    Thanks,
    Harsha

  2. Re: PA-RISC1.1 and 2.0 library

    harshanand.nayak@gmail.com wrote:
    > I compiled an appilcation with gcc with both PA-RISC1.1 and 2.0 libs.
    > The executable compiled fine.
    > However when I am doing an shl_findsym() on 1.1 lib, there is Seg
    > Fault.

    Is the segfault actually in shl_findsym() or somewhere else? Got the
    stack trace?

    > Am not quite sure how to determine if the system is PA-RISC1.1 or 2.0
    > Running HP-UX B.11.00
    > $ model
    > 9000/800/L3000-5x

    There is probably some getconf() magic to tell you, but I can say from
    my vast store of trivia that the CPUs in an L3000 are PA-2.0.
    However, it should still be able to run a PA 1.1 code just fine.

    With the exception of the A180, any PA-RISC system less then about 10
    years old is PA-RISC2.0. PA-RISC 2.0 CPUs first appeared in systems
    ca 1995.

    rick jones
    - Rick Jones