iso images - HP UX

This is a discussion on iso images - HP UX ; hej I am desp. looking for cdrom imgae with HPUX 10.x installation operating sysem for my "new" hp9000 dseries //wimsl...

  1. iso images

    hej
    I am desp. looking for cdrom imgae with HPUX 10.x installation operating
    sysem for my "new" hp9000 dseries

    //wimsl

  2. Re: iso images

    "xs" writes:

    > hej
    > I am desp. looking for cdrom imgae with HPUX 10.x installation operating
    > sysem for my "new" hp9000 dseries

    Why 10.x? It's obsolete. We have a bunch of old installation CDs lying around,
    but you don't have a license when you have a media. I'm unsure whether I may
    sell or give away those CDs. Licensing....

    Ulrich

  3. Re: iso images

    Hi Ulrich

    > Why 10.x? It's obsolete. We have a bunch of old installation CDs lying around,
    > but you don't have a license when you have a media. I'm unsure whether I may
    > sell or give away those CDs. Licensing....

    The machine itself is the license.

    Florian

  4. Re: iso images

    In article <87d579kw2p.fsf@pc9454.klinik.uni-regensburg.de>, Ulrich Windl
    writes:
    > "xs" writes:
    >
    > > hej
    > > I am desp. looking for cdrom imgae with HPUX 10.x installation operating
    > > sysem for my "new" hp9000 dseries

    > Why 10.x? It's obsolete.

    Because it's cool to run old stuff ?
    Because it still can run VUE ?
    Because it supports older hardware ?

    > We have a bunch of old installation CDs lying around,
    > but you don't have a license when you have a media. I'm unsure whether I may
    > sell or give away those CDs.

    give or sell it to somebody who finds it useful ..

    > Licensing....

    shouldn't be a problem for the s700 machines.

  5. Re: iso images

    * Florian Anwander:

    >> Why 10.x? It's obsolete. We have a bunch of old installation CDs lying
    >> around,
    >> but you don't have a license when you have a media. I'm unsure whether
    >> I may
    >> sell or give away those CDs. Licensing....

    > The machine itself is the license.

    With workstations (series 700) yes. Not with servers (series 800), and
    that's what a D-Class is...

    Benjamin

  6. Re: iso images

    Hi Benjamin

    >> The machine itself is the license.

    > With workstations (series 700) yes. Not with servers (series 800), and
    > that's what a D-Class is...

    As far as I remember the two user license is also included to series 800.

    Florian

  7. Re: iso images

    please where are images available?
    "Florian Anwander" schreef in bericht
    > Hi Benjamin
    >
    >>> The machine itself is the license.

    >> With workstations (series 700) yes. Not with servers (series 800), and
    >> that's what a D-Class is...

    > As far as I remember the two user license is also included to series 800.
    >
    > Florian

  8. Re: iso images

    Hi

    > please where are images available?

    They are not available public. But if you find one, who can share them
    it is not illegal.

    Florian

  9. Re: iso images

    nobody?

    > Hi
    >

    >> please where are images available?

    > They are not available public. But if you find one, who can share them it
    > is not illegal.
    >
    > Florian

  10. Re: iso images

    * Florian Anwander:

    >> please where are images available?

    > They are not available public. But if you find one, who can share them
    > it is not illegal.

    Sharing HP-UX media images _is_ illegal. It's ok to borrow some media to
    reinstall your system, or to buy some (original) media. It still is
    illegal to copy the media or to make images from them.

    How much HP cares is a different story, though, especially for hobby use.

    Benjamin

  11. Re: iso images

    Okay then where can I borrow something? To GIVE IT BACK AFTER MY SYSTEEM
    RUNS AGAIN?
    Thanks in advance/
    //wim
    "Benjamin Gawert" schreef in bericht
    >* Florian Anwander:
    >
    >>> please where are images available?

    >> They are not available public. But if you find one, who can share them it
    >> is not illegal.

    > Sharing HP-UX media images _is_ illegal. It's ok to borrow some media to
    > reinstall your system, or to buy some (original) media. It still is
    > illegal to copy the media or to make images from them.
    >
    > How much HP cares is a different story, though, especially for hobby use.
    >
    > Benjamin

  12. Re: iso images

    I recived it for FREE from HP after asking from their site, I did not
    have any support's contract.
    You could recive a backup copy of lastest operative systems supported by
    your workstation/server.
    Actually i did not found the page in hp site, but it was on the hpux
    software download.

    Alberto

  13. Re: iso images

    On Jan 3, 12:32 am, "Alberto Panu" wrote:
    > I recived it for FREE from HP after asking from their site, I did not
    > have any support's contract.
    > You could recive a backup copy of lastest operative systems supported by
    > your workstation/server.
    > Actually i did not found the page in hp site, but it was on the hpux
    > software download.
    >
    > Alberto

    Do you have a link?

  14. Re: iso images

    On 25 Jan 2007 00:27:54 -0800
    "thick_guy_9" wrote:

    > On Jan 3, 12:32 am, "Alberto Panu" wrote:
    > > I recived it for FREE from HP after asking from their site, I did not
    > > have any support's contract.
    > > You could recive a backup copy of lastest operative systems supported
    > > by your workstation/server.
    > > Actually i did not found the page in hp site, but it was on the hpux
    > > software download.
    > >
    > > Alberto

    > Do you have a link?

    HP admitted that it was in error, the download was removed- and they are
    unwilling to give access to the images for mortal hobbyist, without
    support contract- it's official, that's the answer from release manager
    that was forwarded to me by eSupport person.

  15. Re: iso images

    If you don't need X-windows, OpenBSD runs fine, and Debian has full
    support for the 712 (not the 720 tho) ...

    HIW ....