automount permission denied... - HP UX

This is a discussion on automount permission denied... - HP UX ; Hi All, I've got HP-UX11.11 and configured /etc/auto_master with: /net -hosts -nosuid,soft I've got AUTOFS=1 in nfsconf. When I cd /tmp_mnt/ / I see nothing. On my aix and solaris machines, I see the shared directory fine (also through automount). ...

  1. automount permission denied...

    Hi All,

    I've got HP-UX11.11 and configured /etc/auto_master with:

    /net -hosts -nosuid,soft

    I've got AUTOFS=1 in nfsconf.

    When I cd /tmp_mnt//

    I see nothing. On my aix and solaris machines, I see the shared
    directory fine (also through automount).

    Can anyone tell me what I've done wrong in my configuration on HP? This
    is causing me grief.

    Thank you much. Sincerely, George

  2. Re: automount permission denied...

    George schrieb:
    > Hi All,
    >

    > I've got AUTOFS=1 in nfsconf.
    >
    > When I cd /tmp_mnt//
    >
    > I see nothing.

    don't know if it helps,
    but IIRC you need also to enable NFS Client in nfsconf.

+ Reply to Thread