HPUX 11i SAN Controller - HP UX

This is a discussion on HPUX 11i SAN Controller - HP UX ; I have customer using HPUX connect to HDS9970V through CISCO MDS9506. Everytime the server being reboot, the HBA that connect to the SAN the controller number changes (ie. Cxtxdx now become Cytxdx). Does anyone have any idea how to fix ...

  1. HPUX 11i SAN Controller

    I have customer using HPUX connect to HDS9970V through CISCO MDS9506.
    Everytime the server being reboot, the HBA that connect to the SAN the
    controller number changes (ie. Cxtxdx now become Cytxdx). Does anyone
    have any idea how to fix this situation ? Any help greatly appreciated.

  2. Re: HPUX 11i SAN Controller

    rijanto wrote:
    > I have customer using HPUX connect to HDS9970V through CISCO MDS9506.
    > Everytime the server being reboot, the HBA that connect to the SAN the
    > controller number changes (ie. Cxtxdx now become Cytxdx). Does anyone
    > have any idea how to fix this situation ? Any help greatly appreciated.

    How many storage ports does the system have ?

    #ioscan -fnkC ext_bus

    Also, does this output change across reboots ?
    Are you using multi-pathing software ?

    The different between C*x*.. and C*y*... is the
    ext_bus instance number. These are preserved in
    the ioconfig file (to keep them same across reboots).

    Check if the ioconfig file is okay (ioinit -i) and
    also check if disk hosting "/stand" is error free and
    the filesystem is fsck'd.

    --vishwas.

+ Reply to Thread