HP-UX 9.0x questions - HP UX

This is a discussion on HP-UX 9.0x questions - HP UX ; hello group, now that I have moved somewhat back in time :-), to HP-UX 9.05 on another 712, I have a few more questions. I'd like to have the nsswitch feature on this box, and googling this group gave me ...

  1. HP-UX 9.0x questions

    hello group,

    now that I have moved somewhat back in time :-),
    to HP-UX 9.05 on another 712, I have a few more questions.

    I'd like to have the nsswitch feature on this box,
    and googling this group gave me a list of required/recommended patches.
    I could locate them on ftp.itrc.hp.com.
    Well, almost, because, unfortunately, the most important ones,
    PHCO_4370 (for the s700), PHCO_4371 (s800) could not be found :-(
    They're listed in the catalog but don't exist in the directory tree.
    Are these patches superseded by some newer ones ?
    Do I really need it, according to the catalog their release day is 94/06/15,
    whereas my /usr/lib's have "Jan 10 1995" ?
    Of course I just could give it try, but I want to
    hear the experts first.

    And another question: I've got a lonely 9.07 Support CD,
    it doesn't seem to be in "update" format, but
    has sort of a minimal system on it, with /usr, /lib, /bin, and so on,
    but is much too small to host a complete system, only some 40MB.
    Can I use this CD to (safely) move my 9.05 system to 9.07,
    and how ?

    TIA,
    MK

  2. Re: HP-UX 9.0x questions

    Michael Kraemer schrieb:
    > hello group,
    >

    > I'd like to have the nsswitch feature on this box,
    > and googling this group gave me a list of required/recommended patches.
    > I could locate them on ftp.itrc.hp.com.
    > Well, almost, because, unfortunately, the most important ones,
    > PHCO_4370 (for the s700), PHCO_4371 (s800) could not be found :-(

    just for the record, I solved the problem.
    The patches in question have indeed been superseded.
    The new list of patches (as of 20-Jul-1997) is

    s700:
    PHCO_11161, PHCO_7747 (libc), PHCO_4439 (mount), PHNE_4563 (nslookup),
    PHNE_4487 (ifconfig), PHSS_7751 (VUE)

    s800:
    PHCO_11162, PHCO_7748 (libc), PHCO_4784 (mount), PHNE_4563 (nslookup),
    PHNE_4488 (ifconfig), PHSS_7751 (VUE)

    I couldn't locate
    a last patch, PHSS_5902 (xterm, xhost, xrdb), however.
    Installation of those patches gave the desired nsswitch functionality.
    :-)

+ Reply to Thread