HP 382 controller - HP UX

This is a discussion on HP 382 controller - HP UX ; Hi all, Does anyone remember/know (because it is really old HP-UX version) how to setup a default boot partition ? Let me describe the problem : When the machine boots it waits for the user to press "space" and then ...

  1. HP 382 controller

    Hi all,
    Does anyone remember/know (because it is really old HP-UX version) how
    to setup a default boot partition ?
    Let me describe the problem :
    When the machine boots it waits for the user to press "space" and then
    choose where to boot from
    I have 4 options 1H,1C and so on. Basically what I need is to set 1H to
    be the default boot options.

    Thanks,
    Tal

  2. Re: HP 382 controller

    tal.gendler@gmail.com schrieb:
    > Hi all,

    hi you,

    > Does anyone remember/know (because it is really old HP-UX version) how
    > to setup a default boot partition ?
    > Let me describe the problem :
    > When the machine boots it waits for the user to press "space" and then
    > choose where to boot from
    > I have 4 options 1H,1C and so on. Basically what I need is to set 1H to
    > be the default boot options.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Tal

    check out

    http://www.blobulent.com:16080/hp300/400.manual/

    I think they describe what you are looking for.

    http://www.typewritten.org/

    has an online manual which might be helpful too.

    HTH,
    MK

  3. Re: HP 382 controller

    Thank you,