Enabling AUI on Hp9000 G60 - HP UX

This is a discussion on Enabling AUI on Hp9000 G60 - HP UX ; Hi, I'm fairly new to HP9000s, having worked with HP3000's for the last 30 years but I need to make a change to an HP9000 G60 so it can use the AUI port to access the network instead of the ...

  1. Enabling AUI on Hp9000 G60

    Hi, I'm fairly new to HP9000s, having worked with HP3000's for the last
    30 years but I need to make a change to an HP9000 G60 so it can use the
    AUI port to access the network instead of the 10base2 port. I believe a
    change to jumpers is involved. Can anyone help?

    Thanks, John Dunlop

  2. Re: Enabling AUI on Hp9000 G60

    jd wrote:
    > Hi, I'm fairly new to HP9000s, having worked with HP3000's for the
    > last 30 years but I need to make a change to an HP9000 G60 so it can
    > use the AUI port to access the network instead of the 10base2
    > port. I believe a change to jumpers is involved. Can anyone help?

    Yes, on the board with the 10Base2 connector there should be an 8
    connector (IIRC) jumber you can move from "BNC" to "AUI" It was the
    same on the same hardware in the PA-RISC HP3000's I'm not sure, but
    I think the HP3000 cousin of the G Class were the 9x7's - but that is
    a very vague memory.

    rick jones
    onetime CPE for netcp...

  3. Re: Enabling AUI on Hp9000 G60

    Thanks, Rick. That's just the info I needed.

    Cheers,

    John

    Rick Jones wrote:
    > jd wrote:
    > > Hi, I'm fairly new to HP9000s, having worked with HP3000's for the
    > > last 30 years but I need to make a change to an HP9000 G60 so it can
    > > use the AUI port to access the network instead of the 10base2
    > > port. I believe a change to jumpers is involved. Can anyone help?

    > Yes, on the board with the 10Base2 connector there should be an 8
    > connector (IIRC) jumber you can move from "BNC" to "AUI" It was the
    > same on the same hardware in the PA-RISC HP3000's I'm not sure, but
    > I think the HP3000 cousin of the G Class were the 9x7's - but that is
    > a very vague memory.
    >
    > rick jones
    > onetime CPE for netcp...
    > --
    > oxymoron n, Hummer H2 with California Save Our Coasts and Oceans plates
    > these opinions are mine, all mine; HP might not want them anyway...
    > feel free to post, OR email to rick.jones2 in hp.com but NOT BOTH...

+ Reply to Thread