Is HP-UX 11.00 supported by HP PA/RISC SuperDome? - HP UX

This is a discussion on Is HP-UX 11.00 supported by HP PA/RISC SuperDome? - HP UX ; Hi Everyone, I tried to install HP-UX 11.00 on my HP PA/RISC Superdome. No error during the installation process. But it failed to boot. Do you know if HP-UX 11.00 is supported by HP PA/RISC SuperDome?...

  1. Is HP-UX 11.00 supported by HP PA/RISC SuperDome?

    Hi Everyone,

    I tried to install HP-UX 11.00 on my HP PA/RISC Superdome. No error
    during the installation process. But it failed to boot. Do you know if
    HP-UX 11.00 is supported by HP PA/RISC SuperDome?

  2. Re: Is HP-UX 11.00 supported by HP PA/RISC SuperDome?

    ray.chen@gmail.com wrote:
    > I tried to install HP-UX 11.00 on my HP PA/RISC Superdome. No error
    > during the installation process. But it failed to boot. Do you know if
    > HP-UX 11.00 is supported by HP PA/RISC SuperDome?

    I'm reasonably certain that the oldest HP-UX OS release supported and
    known to work on an HP PA-RISC Superdome was 11.11. I don't recall
    11.0 being taught about the cell-based systems.

    rick jones
    where do you want to be today?

  3. Re: Is HP-UX 11.00 supported by HP PA/RISC SuperDome?

    Thank you for your answer.
    Rick Jones wrote:
    > ray.chen@gmail.com wrote:
    > > I tried to install HP-UX 11.00 on my HP PA/RISC Superdome. No error
    > > during the installation process. But it failed to boot. Do you know if
    > > HP-UX 11.00 is supported by HP PA/RISC SuperDome?

    > I'm reasonably certain that the oldest HP-UX OS release supported and
    > known to work on an HP PA-RISC Superdome was 11.11. I don't recall
    > 11.0 being taught about the cell-based systems.
    >
    > rick jones
    > --
    > denial, anger, bargaining, depression, acceptance, rebirth...
    > where do you want to be today?
    > these opinions are mine, all mine; HP might not want them anyway...
    > feel free to post, OR email to rick.jones2 in hp.com but NOT BOTH...

+ Reply to Thread