Where might I get HP-UX 10? - HP UX

This is a discussion on Where might I get HP-UX 10? - HP UX ; I brought home an old HP 712/60 from the office that has HP-UX 10.10 on it. It really needs to be rebuilt with a fresh install, but I cannot find the original disks that came with the machine. Can anyone ...

  1. Where might I get HP-UX 10?

    I brought home an old HP 712/60 from the office that has HP-UX 10.10 on it.
    It really needs to be rebuilt with a fresh install, but I cannot find the
    original disks that came with the machine. Can anyone give me a pointer on
    where I might obtain a set of the 10.x software? I tried HP's site, eBay,
    and random web searching, but so far I have come up emtpy. Any leads you
    could give me would be very much appreciated.

    thanks!

    --
    James
    http://www.e-host-direct.com

  2. Re: Where might I get HP-UX 10?

    Slor schrieb:
    > I brought home an old HP 712/60 from the office that has HP-UX 10.10 on it.
    > It really needs to be rebuilt with a fresh install, but I cannot find the
    > original disks that came with the machine. Can anyone give me a pointer on
    > where I might obtain a set of the 10.x software? I tried HP's site, eBay,
    > and random web searching, but so far I have come up emtpy. Any leads you
    > could give me would be very much appreciated.

    You will need some patience, occasionally
    (about every 2 months) HP-UX CDs appear at eBay.
    Right now there are several auctions at ebay.de

  3. Re: Where might I get HP-UX 10?

    Despite all prevention efforts, Michael Kraemer wrote
    in news:ehtulj$68q$03$1@news.t-online.com:

    > Slor schrieb:
    >> I brought home an old HP 712/60 from the office that has HP-UX 10.10
    >> on it. It really needs to be rebuilt with a fresh install, but I
    >> cannot find the original disks that came with the machine. Can
    >> anyone give me a pointer on where I might obtain a set of the 10.x
    >> software? I tried HP's site, eBay, and random web searching, but so
    >> far I have come up emtpy. Any leads you could give me would be very
    >> much appreciated.

    > You will need some patience, occasionally
    > (about every 2 months) HP-UX CDs appear at eBay.
    > Right now there are several auctions at ebay.de

    How often would you say CDs for version 10.x show up? Everything I found
    on .de appears to be 11.0, so it seems I may need to be very patient.

    --
    James
    http://www.e-host-direct.com
    Reliable web hosting from $12/year.

  4. Re: Where might I get HP-UX 10?

    Slor schrieb:

    > How often would you say CDs for version 10.x show up? Everything I found
    > on .de appears to be 11.0, so it seems I may need to be very patient.

    11.x certainly appears more often than 10.x.
    But right now there's seller mcp-cat who offers
    some 10.x fossils.

  5. Re: Where might I get HP-UX 10?

    AFAIK you can install NextStep on that machine!
    http://www.openpa.net/next.html

    "Slor" wrote in message news:Xns9869759CE98FAemuslor@216.196.97.136...
    >I brought home an old HP 712/60 from the office that has HP-UX 10.10 on it.
    > It really needs to be rebuilt with a fresh install, but I cannot find the
    > original disks that came with the machine. Can anyone give me a pointer on
    > where I might obtain a set of the 10.x software? I tried HP's site, eBay,
    > and random web searching, but so far I have come up emtpy. Any leads you
    > could give me would be very much appreciated.
    >
    > thanks!
    >
    > --
    > James
    > http://www.e-host-direct.com
    > Reliable web hosting from $12/year.

  6. Re: Where might I get HP-UX 10?

    Have you tried the Smithsonian ? ;-)

  7. Re: Where might I get HP-UX 10?

    Zak. wrote:
    > AFAIK you can install NextStep on that machine!
    > http://www.openpa.net/next.html
    >
    > "Slor" wrote in message news:Xns9869759CE98FAemuslor@216.196.97.136...
    >
    >>I brought home an old HP 712/60 from the office that has HP-UX 10.10 on it.
    >>It really needs to be rebuilt with a fresh install, but I cannot find the
    >>original disks that came with the machine. Can anyone give me a pointer on
    >>where I might obtain a set of the 10.x software? I tried HP's site, eBay,
    >>and random web searching, but so far I have come up emtpy. Any leads you
    >>could give me would be very much appreciated.
    >>
    >>thanks!
    >>
    >>--
    >>James
    >>http://www.e-host-direct.com
    >>Reliable web hosting from $12/year.

    If you are in the states I have CD's for 10.20, patch CD's probably too.

  8. Re: Where might I get HP-UX 10?

    Despite all prevention efforts, Alan D Johnson
    wrote in news:45c29c30$0$28098$4c368faf@roadrunner.com:

    > If you are in the states I have CD's for 10.20, patch CD's probably
    > too.

    I am indeed. Will drop you an email.

    thanks!

    --
    James
    http://www.e-host-direct.com
    Reliable web hosting from $12/year.

  9. Re: Where might I get HP-UX 10?

    Hi Slor

    > How often would you say CDs for version 10.x show up? Everything I found
    > on .de appears to be 11.0, so it seems I may need to be very patient.

    11.0 runs perfect on a 712. Try to get as much RAM as you can.

    Florian

+ Reply to Thread