Error: Unable to connect to node <node-name>: Not owner - HP UX

This is a discussion on Error: Unable to connect to node <node-name>: Not owner - HP UX ; Hi, I am new to ServiceGuard and I am trying to setup an ascii cluster configuration file. When I type: cmquerycl -v -C /etc/cmcluster/cluster.ascii -n , I get the following error: Begin checking the nodes... Looking for other clusters ... ...

  1. Error: Unable to connect to node <node-name>: Not owner

    Hi,

    I am new to ServiceGuard and I am trying to setup an ascii cluster
    configuration file. When I type:

    cmquerycl -v -C /etc/cmcluster/cluster.ascii -n , I get the
    following error:

    Begin checking the nodes...
    Looking for other clusters ... Done
    Gathering configuration information ..
    Gathering storage information ..
    Gathering Network Configuration ..... Done
    Error: Unable to connect to node : Not owner
    Warning: Not probing node as it is currently unreachable.
    This may cause network partitions to be reported.
    Failed to gather configuration information.

    How do I resolve this problem?

    Thanks for your help in advance,

    -DP

  2. Re: Error: Unable to connect to node <node-name>: Not owner

    Problem solved. I had to reboot the server.

    DP wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am new to ServiceGuard and I am trying to setup an ascii cluster
    > configuration file. When I type:
    >
    > cmquerycl -v -C /etc/cmcluster/cluster.ascii -n , I get the
    > following error:
    >

    > Begin checking the nodes...
    > Looking for other clusters ... Done
    > Gathering configuration information ..
    > Gathering storage information ..
    > Gathering Network Configuration ..... Done
    > Error: Unable to connect to node : Not owner
    > Warning: Not probing node as it is currently unreachable.
    > This may cause network partitions to be reported.
    > Failed to gather configuration information.
    >
    > How do I resolve this problem?
    >
    > Thanks for your help in advance,
    >
    > -DP

+ Reply to Thread