The Open Source CDE and Motif Petition, an update - HP UX

This is a discussion on The Open Source CDE and Motif Petition, an update - HP UX ; For more information on the petition. Visit. http://www.marutan.net/cde/ or jump straight to signing the petition here. http://www.petitiononline.com/opencde/petition.html I'd like to express my thanks for all the support received so far, there are now over 900 people who've put their name ...

  1. The Open Source CDE and Motif Petition, an update

    For more information on the petition. Visit.
    http://www.marutan.net/cde/
    or jump straight to signing the petition here.
    http://www.petitiononline.com/opencde/petition.html

    I'd like to express my thanks for all the support received so
    far, there are now over 900 people who've put their name to the
    petition.

    However I'm trying to get a few more before I submit it to The
    Open Group, so I could still use your help.

    If you have any friends or colleagues that would be interested
    in this, please forward the links on to them so they can
    consider it too.

    There's been some success in promoting this petition on various
    online news sites, such as osnews.com, newsforge.com and
    pc-magazin.de [1]. If you know of any more, please feel free to
    contact them with information, or pass their names on to me and
    I'll try and fill them in.

    For a more complete list of the publicity that the petition has
    received, check http://www.marutan.net/cde/index.html#press

    Once again, thanks for the support so far, and I hope we can do
    even better in future.

    Peter Howkins

    [1] http://www.osnews.com/story.php?news_id=16158
    http://newsvac.newsforge.com/newsvac...6/162256.shtml
    http://www.pc-magazin.de/common/nws/...g.php?id=48355

  2. Re: The Open Source CDE and Motif Petition, an update

    Too late, I think.
    For example, Sun Microsystems has decided for the Gnome desktop.

    --
    Michael Tosch @ hp : com

+ Reply to Thread