Installing Apache on Hp l1000 - HP UX

This is a discussion on Installing Apache on Hp l1000 - HP UX ; Hi, I hve been asked to install apache web server on a clients machines. The machine is a hp l1000 runing hpux 11 64 bit. Question, 1. What do I need to do to install apache on server. I have ...

  1. Installing Apache on Hp l1000

    Hi,

    I hve been asked to install apache web server on a clients machines.
    The machine is a hp l1000 runing hpux 11 64 bit.

    Question,
    1. What do I need to do to install apache on server. I have no
    experience of installing on HPUX, so full instructions would really be
    helpful.
    ie. what version of apache to download - any site suggestions welcome /
    what command to run to actually install it.

    Any feedback greatly appreciated. I need to do this tomorrow.

    Many Thanks

    Gareth.

  2. Re: Installing Apache on Hp l1000

    stumped wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I hve been asked to install apache web server on a clients machines.
    > The machine is a hp l1000 runing hpux 11 64 bit.
    >
    > Question,
    > 1. What do I need to do to install apache on server. I have no
    > experience of installing on HPUX, so full instructions would really be
    > helpful.
    > ie. what version of apache to download - any site suggestions welcome /
    > what command to run to actually install it.
    >
    > Any feedback greatly appreciated. I need to do this tomorrow.
    >
    > Many Thanks
    >
    > Gareth.

    Go to http://software.hp.com and search for apache. You will find many
    versions of it for HP-UX for free. I would guess the one you would want
    is here:
    http://h20293.www2.hp.com/portal/swd...r=HPUXWSATW216

    As for how to install it, there are instructions here:
    http://h20293.www2.hp.com/portal/swd..._general.do#q4

    Also, it would be good for you to read the swinstall man page.

    Regards,
    Marc

  3. Re: Installing Apache on Hp l1000

    Marc Jacobsen wrote:
    > stumped wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I hve been asked to install apache web server on a clients machines.
    >> The machine is a hp l1000 runing hpux 11 64 bit.
    >>
    >> Question,
    >> 1. What do I need to do to install apache on server. I have no
    >> experience of installing on HPUX, so full instructions would really be
    >> helpful.
    >> ie. what version of apache to download - any site suggestions welcome /
    >> what command to run to actually install it.
    >>
    >> Any feedback greatly appreciated. I need to do this tomorrow.
    >>
    >> Many Thanks
    >> Gareth.
    >>

    > Go to http://software.hp.com and search for apache. You will find many
    > versions of it for HP-UX for free. I would guess the one you would want
    > is here:
    > http://h20293.www2.hp.com/portal/swd...r=HPUXWSATW216
    >

    > As for how to install it, there are instructions here:
    > http://h20293.www2.hp.com/portal/swd..._general.do#q4
    >
    > Also, it would be good for you to read the swinstall man page.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Marc

    By the way, if you meant HP-UX 11.0, (as opposed to 11i a.k.a. 11.11),
    my previous advice may be wrong. There may not be a version for HP-UX
    11.0 there.

    In that case I am not so sure, but I would check out the HP-UX porting
    and archiving center, http://hpux.connect.org.uk/.

    Unfortunately it seems the only version they have for HP-UX 11.0 is from
    2002, so I am sure there have been security fixes since then. Hopefully
    someone else can help you find a newer version that is ready to install.

    Sorry if my advice led you in the wrong direction.

    Regards,
    Marc

+ Reply to Thread