hp-ux mission critial operating env - HP UX

This is a discussion on hp-ux mission critial operating env - HP UX ; Hi all, I have the hp-ux mission critial operating env CD. Does it obtain the serviceguard cluster software? Thanks...

  1. hp-ux mission critial operating env

    Hi all,
    I have the hp-ux mission critial operating env CD. Does it obtain the
    serviceguard cluster software?
    Thanks

  2. Re: hp-ux mission critial operating env

    Hi BL

    > I have the hp-ux mission critial operating env CD. Does it obtain the
    > serviceguard cluster software?

    I am tempted write: "If it would contain the cluster your mission
    wouldn't be critical..." But honestly: The Mission Critical OpEnv
    contains MC serviceguard.

    Florian

  3. Re: hp-ux mission critial operating env

    Uuups, now I am seeing in the other mail, that you want to install on a
    C-Class. This is a workstation (700-Series). MC SG installs only on
    Servers (800-Series). So it won't be displayed in swinstall, though it
    is contained on the disk. I remember there was a trick to convince
    swinstall to neglecct this fact, but I don't remember what it was.

    Florian

    Florian Anwander wrote:

    > Hi BL
    >
    >> I have the hp-ux mission critial operating env CD. Does it obtain the
    >> serviceguard cluster software?

    > I am tempted write: "If it would contain the cluster your mission
    > wouldn't be critical..." But honestly: The Mission Critical OpEnv
    > contains MC serviceguard.
    >
    > Florian

  4. Re: hp-ux mission critial operating env

    Florian Anwander wrote:
    > Uuups, now I am seeing in the other mail, that you want to install on a
    > C-Class. This is a workstation (700-Series). MC SG installs only on
    > Servers (800-Series). So it won't be displayed in swinstall, though it
    > is contained on the disk. I remember there was a trick to convince
    > swinstall to neglecct this fact, but I don't remember what it was.
    >
    > Florian
    >
    > Florian Anwander wrote:
    >
    >> Hi BL
    >>
    >>> I have the hp-ux mission critial operating env CD. Does it obtain the
    >>> serviceguard cluster software?

    >> I am tempted write: "If it would contain the cluster your mission
    >> wouldn't be critical..." But honestly: The Mission Critical OpEnv
    >> contains MC serviceguard.
    >>
    >> Florian

    swinstall -x allow_incompatable=true will show everything. The problem
    is most likely that you need to unlock it with a codeword. Look at the
    //CD_TABLE_OF_CONTENTS file to see what is one the disk, if it
    needs one, you wont even see it thru swinstall.

+ Reply to Thread