malloc problem - HP UX

This is a discussion on malloc problem - HP UX ; Hi all, Suppose there are two HPUX systems A and B. In A i have created a shared library. I am able to use this shared library in A with all programs. If i send this shared library to B ...

  1. malloc problem

    Hi all,

    Suppose there are two HPUX systems A and B. In A i have created a
    shared library. I am able to use this shared library in A with all
    programs. If i send this shared library to B using FTP, and the same
    programs which worked in A are failing in B when using this shared
    library. A core is being dumped.
    A : HPUX 11.00
    B : HPUX 11.11

    The only difference in both the systems is the c compiler used. In A, a
    normal cc-ANSI compliant c compiler is used. Whereas in B a bundled C
    compiler is used. Will this be a problem. I checked the core dump that
    was generated in B, it says the malloc of some function call failed.
    Can any one tell what can be the problem.

    Thank you,
    Naveen

  2. Re: malloc problem

    "Naveen" writes:

    > Suppose there are two HPUX systems A and B. In A i have created a
    > shared library. I am able to use this shared library in A with all
    > programs. If i send this shared library to B using FTP,

    Presumably using binary transfer mode ...

    > and the same
    > programs which worked in A are failing in B when using this shared
    > library. A core is being dumped.

    What is the output from "where" command in gdb ?

    > I checked the core dump that
    > was generated in B, it says the malloc of some function call failed.

    Post *exact* error message.

    Cheers,
    Remove /-nsp/ for email.

  3. Re: malloc problem

    Paul Pluzhnikov wrote:
    > "Naveen" writes:
    >> Suppose there are two HPUX systems A and B. In A i have created a
    >> shared library. I am able to use this shared library in A with all
    >> programs. If i send this shared library to B using FTP,

    > Presumably using binary transfer mode ...

    Thankfully, binary is the default for HP-UX to HP-UX FTP.

    When FTP creates the file on the other end, it is, likely as not, just
    a "plain" file in so far as the mode bits are concerned, which means
    the shared library may not be marked as "executable" on system B.

    rick jones
    - Rick Jones

  4. Re: malloc problem

    Since there is 2 fold differences here, OS version and compiler
    version/type, it can head eaither way.

    Giving the compiler version would help.

    Better yet, if you have a SW contract with HP, they have an amazing set of
    DML support crew that can chew that up for you very quickly from the core
    you have. Sometimes having another person take a look at it makes a huge
    difference.

    Good luck. Call HP: 1-800-633-3600 - say "Agent" and ask for the DML team.

    "Naveen" wrote in message
    news:1160385456.281445.270710@h48g2000cwc.googlegr oups.com...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Suppose there are two HPUX systems A and B. In A i have created a
    > shared library. I am able to use this shared library in A with all
    > programs. If i send this shared library to B using FTP, and the same
    > programs which worked in A are failing in B when using this shared
    > library. A core is being dumped.
    > A : HPUX 11.00
    > B : HPUX 11.11
    >
    > The only difference in both the systems is the c compiler used. In A, a
    > normal cc-ANSI compliant c compiler is used. Whereas in B a bundled C
    > compiler is used. Will this be a problem. I checked the core dump that
    > was generated in B, it says the malloc of some function call failed.
    > Can any one tell what can be the problem.
    >
    > Thank you,
    > Naveen

+ Reply to Thread