Fresh Kernel panics with fresh OEs - HP UX

This is a discussion on Fresh Kernel panics with fresh OEs - HP UX ; Hi, be warned: On 11.23 IA64 we had a NFS3 client-related kernel panic for OE 2006/03 and 2006/09. The panic may be triggered by a specific kind of NFS load (nfs3getattr probably) On 11.11 PA2.0 (64bit) we got repeated kernel ...

  1. Fresh Kernel panics with fresh OEs

    Hi,

    be warned:

    On 11.23 IA64 we had a NFS3 client-related kernel panic for OE
    2006/03 and 2006/09. The panic may be triggered by a specific kind of NFS load
    (nfs3getattr probably)

    On 11.11 PA2.0 (64bit) we got repeated kernel panics once OE 2006/06 had been
    installed (2006/09 not shipped to us yet). The panic happens during software
    configure after reboot, and it seems to be LVM-related (lv_vgs_usage probably)

    Keep your systems up, even when using HP-UX ;-)

    Regards,
    Ulrich

  2. Re: Fresh Kernel panics with fresh OEs

    Time to clarify a bit:

    The problem was that all patches that should have been installed weren't.
    Don't ask me why
    - some filesets of some patches did not install, but the rest of the patch did
    - you cannot upgrade software AND install corresponding patches

    Actually RC said our method of updating was invalid and I would have to
    re-install the OS from media.

    As I never re-installed HP-UX since I'm doing the job, I determined incomplete
    patches, added those (with more or less force), rebooted a few times (because
    some patches won't install together with others), and everything runs smoothly
    now.

    Regards,
    Ulrich

    Ulrich Windl writes:

    > Hi,
    >
    > be warned:
    >
    > On 11.23 IA64 we had a NFS3 client-related kernel panic for OE
    > 2006/03 and 2006/09. The panic may be triggered by a specific kind of NFS load
    > (nfs3getattr probably)
    >
    > On 11.11 PA2.0 (64bit) we got repeated kernel panics once OE 2006/06 had been
    > installed (2006/09 not shipped to us yet). The panic happens during software
    > configure after reboot, and it seems to be LVM-related (lv_vgs_usage probably)
    >
    > Keep your systems up, even when using HP-UX ;-)
    >
    > Regards,
    > Ulrich

+ Reply to Thread