    been googling around but can't find any source for that hp-ux 11.0 easy
    setup initiative free cd download mentioned in a few places.
    furthermore, i can see hp-ux 10.20 unlimited user license is available
    for download at hp.com

  2. Re: obtaining hp-ux

    exexpo@gmail.com wrote:
    > i have a nice 712/80 running openbsd but is there any way getting hp-ux
    > for that beaty?
    > been googling around but can't find any source for that hp-ux 11.0 easy
    > setup initiative free cd download mentioned in a few places.
    > furthermore, i can see hp-ux 10.20 unlimited user license is available
    > for download at hp.com

    exexpo,

    I doubt that 11.0 will run on this old box. But if you like to try, some
    people offer CD's on E-Bay. I bought a set for my C3000 Workstations on
    E-Bay. A C3x00 Workstation can be found on E-Bay for resonable prices
    and run much better then the old 712/80's.

    Kind regards,

    Jan Gerrit Kootstra

  3. Re: obtaining hp-ux

    > I doubt that 11.0 will run on this old box. But if you like to try, some
    > people offer CD's on E-Bay. I bought a set for my C3000 Workstations on
    > E-Bay. A C3x00 Workstation can be found on E-Bay for resonable prices
    > and run much better then the old 712/80's.

    11.0 or even 11i will be fine on any 712 :-) 11.0 will fit on a 2Gb disc
    but you need 4Gb for 11i. 128Mb is the minimum ram you need.

    Email: john@unixnerd.demon.co.uk, John G.Burns B.Eng, Bonny Scotland
    Web : http://www.unixnerd.demon.co.uk - The Ultimate BMW Homepage!
    www.Strathspey.co.uk - Quality Binoculars at a Sensible price

  4. Re: obtaining hp-ux

    John Burns schrieb:

    > 11.0 or even 11i will be fine on any 712 :-) 11.0 will fit on a 2Gb disc

    If one presses very hard it might fit, but even for a
    half decent 10.20 installation 2GB is no fun,
    better get 4GB.

  5. Re: obtaining hp-ux

    anyway,

    the problem was that how would i get one? 10.x or 11.x,
    the unlimited user licenses seem to be available at hp.com but the
    install disc is not

    anyone still having the cd image anywhere?

  6. Re: obtaining hp-ux

    anyway,

    the problem was that how would i get one? 10.x or 11.x,
    the unlimited user licenses seem to be available at hp.com but the
    install disc is not

    anyone still having the cd image anywhere?

  7. Re: obtaining hp-ux

    anyway,

    the problem was that how would i get one? 10.x or 11.x,
    the unlimited user licenses seem to be available at hp.com but the
    install disc is not

    anyone still having the cd image anywhere?

  8. Re: obtaining hp-ux

    Hi exexpo

    > the problem was that how would i get one? 10.x or 11.x,
    > the unlimited user licenses seem to be available at hp.com but the
    > install disc is not
    >
    > anyone still having the cd image anywhere?

    The Install-CDs are not for free (HP sells them, and they don't allow to
    offer images for download - I asked them once, whether I might offer
    this on my website).
    So ebay is your best chance. Or you may find someone who gives you a
    ignite backup from his 712 from where you might install your machine.

    Florian

  9. Re: obtaining hp-ux

    On Fri, 29 Sep 2006, Florian Anwander wrote:
    > Hi exexpo
    >
    > > the problem was that how would i get one? 10.x or 11.x,
    > > the unlimited user licenses seem to be available at hp.com but the
    > > install disc is not
    > >
    > > anyone still having the cd image anywhere?

    > The Install-CDs are not for free (HP sells them, and they don't allow to
    > offer images for download - I asked them once, whether I might offer
    > this on my website).
    > So ebay is your best chance. Or you may find someone who gives you a
    > ignite backup from his 712 from where you might install your machine.
    >
    > Florian

    You might try Linux instead (for Graphics support) NetBSD runs as does
    OpenBSD as you indicated, but in text only. Here's a GENTOO link for an
    ..iso file:

    http://www.gentoo.org/main/en/mirrors.xml

  10. Re: obtaining hp-ux

    spam@controlq.com wrote:
    > On Fri, 29 Sep 2006, Florian Anwander wrote:
    >
    >>Hi exexpo
    >>

    >>>the problem was that how would i get one? 10.x or 11.x,
    >>>the unlimited user licenses seem to be available at hp.com but the
    >>>install disc is not
    >>>
    >>>anyone still having the cd image anywhere?

    >>The Install-CDs are not for free (HP sells them, and they don't allow to
    >> offer images for download - I asked them once, whether I might offer
    >>this on my website).
    >>So ebay is your best chance. Or you may find someone who gives you a
    >>ignite backup from his 712 from where you might install your machine.
    >>
    >>Florian
    >>

    > You might try Linux instead (for Graphics support) NetBSD runs as does
    > OpenBSD as you indicated, but in text only. Here's a GENTOO link for an
    > .iso file:
    >
    > http://www.gentoo.org/main/en/mirrors.xml

    > http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups

    I have some 10.20 OS CD's for workstations if you are in the states,
    just have to dig them up.

+ Reply to Thread