HP-UX 11.0 to 11.i Migration - Oracle Server - HP UX

This is a discussion on HP-UX 11.0 to 11.i Migration - Oracle Server - HP UX ; Hi all, I have a L9000 running HP-UX 11.0. I'm planning to migrate it to HP-UX 11i, but before doing it I have to be sure that the database we have running on this server will work correctly. It's Oracle ...

  1. HP-UX 11.0 to 11.i Migration - Oracle Server

    Hi all,

    I have a L9000 running HP-UX 11.0.

    I'm planning to migrate it to HP-UX 11i, but before doing it I have to
    be sure that the database we have running on this server will work
    correctly. It's Oracle 8i (8.1.7.4)

    Can anybody tell me if it's possible to do so, and, in that case, what
    problems could arise?

    Thanks in advance,

    David.

  2. Re: HP-UX 11.0 to 11.i Migration - Oracle Server

    Frutos wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I have a L9000 running HP-UX 11.0.
    >
    > I'm planning to migrate it to HP-UX 11i, but before doing it I have to
    > be sure that the database we have running on this server will work
    > correctly. It's Oracle 8i (8.1.7.4)
    >
    > Can anybody tell me if it's possible to do so, and, in that case, what
    > problems could arise?
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    >
    > David.

    David,

    We just migrated a Oracle 8i from a D280 with HP-UX 11.0 to L1000 with
    HP-UX 11.11.

    No problems, just check on Oracle Metalink which patch level of 8.1.7.4
    you may need or ask it a Oracle newsgroup.

    Kind regards,

    Jan Gerrit Kootstra

  3. Re: HP-UX 11.0 to 11.i Migration - Oracle Server

    Jan Gerrit Kootstra wrote:

    > We just migrated a Oracle 8i from a D280 with HP-UX 11.0 to L1000 with
    > HP-UX 11.11.

    Jan,

    I would like to migrate to 11i without having to change anything
    besides the OS. Just migrate, in the same machine to 11i and know if we
    can work as it's now.

    In your case, did you just copy all the database files or you had to
    install Oracle in the new machine?

    Regards, David.

  4. Re: HP-UX 11.0 to 11.i Migration - Oracle Server

    Hello David,

    Frutos schrieb:
    > I would like to migrate to 11i without having to change anything
    > besides the OS. Just migrate, in the same machine to 11i and know if we
    > can work as it's now.

    Should be OK and no problem with update-ux.

    > In your case, did you just copy all the database files or you had to
    > install Oracle in the new machine?

    A reinstallation of the Oracle binaries is not needed. A relink (relink
    all) will do the job.

    Regards

    Lars

+ Reply to Thread