How to start a process with an other user? - HP UX

This is a discussion on How to start a process with an other user? - HP UX ; hi! our application should be startet automatically in case of a rebooting of the machine. So I wrote a start/stop script which could be placed into /sbin with 2 softlinks in the rc3.d subdirectory. unter linux I use "startproc" to ...

  1. How to start a process with an other user?

    hi!

    our application should be startet automatically in case of a rebooting
    of the machine. So I wrote a start/stop script which could be placed
    into /sbin with 2 softlinks in the rc3.d subdirectory.

    unter linux I use "startproc" to start the application with an other
    user but there is no startproc under HP-UX:
    http://www.math.utah.edu/~beebe/unix/s/startproc.html

    What can I do to start a process under an other user?

    thanks
    jens

  2. Re: How to start a process with an other user?

    Jens Hoerburger

    wrote:

    >What can I do to start a process under an other user?

    Solved:

    su username -c "application"

    greez
    jens