ELF decompiling? - HP UX

This is a discussion on ELF decompiling? - HP UX ; Hello. I have ELF file compiled for PA-RISC. Have PA-RISC machine with HP-UX 11.11. And trying to decompile this file. Objdump said: $ objdump -d module.o objdump: module.o: File format not recognized Gdb said: $ gdb module.o Detected 64-bit executable. ...

  1. ELF decompiling?

    Objdump said:

    $ objdump -d module.o
    objdump: module.o: File format not recognized

    Gdb said:

    $ gdb module.o
    Detected 64-bit executable.
    Invoking /opt/langtools/bin/gdb64.
    HP gdb 5.0 for PA-RISC 2.0 (wide), HP-UX 11.00
    and target hppa2.0w-hp-hpux11.00.
    Copyright 1986 - 2001 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
    Hewlett-Packard Wildebeest 5.0 (based on GDB) is covered by the
    GNU General Public License. Type "show copying" to see the conditions
    change it and/or distribute copies. Type "show warranty" for
    warranty/support.
    ...(no debugging symbols found)...
    (gdb) disas module_fn
    Dump of assembler code for function module_fn:
    0x0 : Error accessing memory address 0x0: Invalid
    argument.

    What else can I try to disassemble it?
    Thanks in advance.

  2. Re: ELF decompiling?

    "hypermodest" writes:

    > I have ELF file compiled for PA-RISC. Have PA-RISC machine with HP-UX
    > 11.11. And trying to decompile this file.
    > Objdump said:
    >
    > $ objdump -d module.o
    > objdump: module.o: File format not recognized

    So this objdump was compiled without 64-bit support.
    Build yourself another one that has 64-bit pa-risc.

    > Gdb said:
    >
    > $ gdb module.o

    Gdb isn't prepared to work on relocatable objects; only on fully
    linked executables and DSOs.

    Cheers,
    Remove /-nsp/ for email.

+ Reply to Thread