vpn Cisco client or <net/tun.h> - HP UX

This is a discussion on vpn Cisco client or <net/tun.h> - HP UX ; Are there any vpnc clients available for HP-UX 11i to create a tunnel to a Cisco concentrator (preferably already ported)? Am trying to build vpnc-0.3.3 but can't find the include file net/tun.h which 'man 4 tun' tells you to use ...

  1. vpn Cisco client or <net/tun.h>

    Are there any vpnc clients available for HP-UX 11i to create a tunnel to
    a Cisco concentrator (preferably already ported)?

    Am trying to build vpnc-0.3.3 but can't find the include file net/tun.h
    which 'man 4 tun' tells you to use on my 10.2 or 11i v1 installations.
    It seems odd given that the ip tunnel devices appear to exist - ie.
    /dev/tun0.

    Any suggestions please?

  2. Re: vpn Cisco client or <net/tun.h>

    sp wrote:
    > Are there any vpnc clients available for HP-UX 11i to create a tunnel to
    > a Cisco concentrator (preferably already ported)?

    > Am trying to build vpnc-0.3.3 but can't find the include file
    > net/tun.h which 'man 4 tun' tells you to use on my 10.2 or 11i v1
    > installations. It seems odd given that the ip tunnel devices appear
    > to exist - ie. /dev/tun0.

    I don't recall 10.20 being able to tunnel in the first place, but that
    does go back over a decade now...

    > Any suggestions please?

    find /usr/include -exec grep -il tunnel {} \;

    to see which include files mention "tunnel" - perhaps there was an
    error in the manpage.

    That or disable the check for the include file for vpnc-0.3.3 and see
    what breaks during compilation and then use some combination of find
    and grep to see which include files have the missing bits.

    IIRC there is VPN support in the IPSEC stuff for 11i

    rick jones

  3. Re: vpn Cisco client or <net/tun.h>

    Rick Jones wrote:
    > I don't recall 10.20 being able to tunnel in the first place, but that
    > does go back over a decade now...

    Your probably right - I suspect I wasn't looking at the box I thought I was.

    >> Any suggestions please?

    > find /usr/include -exec grep -il tunnel {} \;
    >
    > to see which include files mention "tunnel" - perhaps there was an
    > error in the manpage.

    OK I'll give that a go, but I did search for files containing one of the
    ioctal constants referenced in the man page - all prefixed with TUIO
    (I think - I'm at home at the moment) and couldn't find anything. I
    doubt the header file exists but I suppose there is a remote possibility
    that HP changed the header file name and relabled the ioctal constants.

    > That or disable the check for the include file for vpnc-0.3.3 and see
    > what breaks during compilation and then use some combination of find
    > and grep to see which include files have the missing bits.
    >
    > IIRC there is VPN support in the IPSEC stuff for 11i

    That might be useful but will it support the vpn-cisco protocol? Is that
    different to standard vpn?

    Thanks for your help

    > rick jones

+ Reply to Thread