kmeminfo error - HP UX

This is a discussion on kmeminfo error - HP UX ; hello all I got this error in kmeminfo script : # ./kmeminfo nm is /usr/bin/nm nm can't find the symbols linkstamp|utsname Can't find a maching a.out for the core p4 exiting Can anyone help me....

  1. kmeminfo error

    hello all

    I got this error in kmeminfo script :

    # ./kmeminfo
    nm is /usr/bin/nm
    nm can't find the symbols linkstamp|utsname
    Can't find a maching a.out for the core
    p4 exiting

    Can anyone help me.

  2. Re: kmeminfo error

    pintoo wrote:
    > hello all
    >
    > I got this error in kmeminfo script :
    >
    > # ./kmeminfo
    > nm is /usr/bin/nm
    > nm can't find the symbols linkstamp|utsname
    > Can't find a maching a.out for the core
    > p4 exiting
    >

    > Can anyone help me.

    That looks to me like you're running kmeminfo
    in a directory which has a core file from a tool
    (whose binary is not in the directory). If you
    don't need the core file, delete or move it and
    try again. Alternately tell kmeminfo what it is
    you want it to look at (kmeminfo -? gives usage)
    For the running system, that's kmeminfo /stand/vmunix /dev/kmem

    Don

    ps - Note that kmeminfo is not a supported tool,
    insert Rick Jones's standard disclaimer on supported
    stuff here..

  3. Re: kmeminfo error

    Don Morris wrote:
    > pintoo wrote:
    > > hello all
    > >
    > > I got this error in kmeminfo script :
    > >
    > > # ./kmeminfo
    > > nm is /usr/bin/nm
    > > nm can't find the symbols linkstamp|utsname
    > > Can't find a maching a.out for the core
    > > p4 exiting
    > >

    > > Can anyone help me.
    > >

    > That looks to me like you're running kmeminfo
    > in a directory which has a core file from a tool
    > (whose binary is not in the directory). If you
    > don't need the core file, delete or move it and
    > try again. Alternately tell kmeminfo what it is
    > you want it to look at (kmeminfo -? gives usage)
    > For the running system, that's kmeminfo /stand/vmunix /dev/kmem
    >
    > Don
    >
    > ps - Note that kmeminfo is not a supported tool,
    > insert Rick Jones's standard disclaimer on supported
    > stuff here..

    Thanks Don

+ Reply to Thread