What language to admin with? - HP UX

This is a discussion on What language to admin with? - HP UX ; I am just curious what language HP admins use out there: Perl Tcl Ruby Shell Other...

  1. What language to admin with?

    I am just curious what language HP admins use out there:

    Perl
    Tcl
    Ruby
    Shell
    Other

  2. Re: What language to admin with?

    Robert Hicks wrote:
    > I am just curious what language HP admins use out there:
    >
    > Perl
    > Tcl
    > Ruby
    > Shell
    > Other

    [X] All of the above

    --
    Alex.

  3. Re: What language to admin with?

    Alex van Denzel wrote:
    > Robert Hicks wrote:
    > > I am just curious what language HP admins use out there:
    > >
    > > Perl
    > > Tcl
    > > Ruby
    > > Shell
    > > Other

    > [X] All of the above
    >
    > --
    > Alex.

    I tend to mix as well, except for Ruby as I haven't noticed an 1.8.4
    package yet. I haven't checked in a bit either just read that it was a
    wee difficult getting it going on HP.

    Robert

  4. Re: What language to admin with?

    "Robert Hicks" writes:

    > I am just curious what language HP admins use out there:
    >
    > Perl
    > Tcl
    > Ruby
    > Shell
    > Other

    It all depends: If you have a real problem, you'll be happy for everything
    that works with the root filesystem (/sbin) only. For higher level ones would
    add "python" I guess, even though I've never used it.

    Ulrich

+ Reply to Thread