C3650 & IDE CDrom - HP UX

This is a discussion on C3650 & IDE CDrom - HP UX ; I have a C3650 that's working fine, but I just cannot get it to detect the IDE CDROM that's installed. Even if I do 'sea IDE', there's still no device found. And I've tried two IDE CDROM's now that work ...

  1. C3650 & IDE CDrom

    I have a C3650 that's working fine, but I just cannot get it to detect the
    IDE
    CDROM that's installed.

    Even if I do 'sea IDE', there's still no device found. And I've tried two
    IDE CDROM's
    now that work just fine in a PC.

    The firmware is at 2.0.

    Has anyone any ideas what the problem could be ?

    Thanks,

    Alan.

  2. Re: C3650 & IDE CDrom

    "Alan Hourihane" wrote in message
    >I have a C3650 that's working fine, but I just cannot get it to detect the
    >IDE
    > CDROM that's installed.
    >
    > Even if I do 'sea IDE', there's still no device found. And I've tried two
    > IDE CDROM's
    > now that work just fine in a PC.
    >
    > The firmware is at 2.0.
    >
    > Has anyone any ideas what the problem could be ?

    It's o.k.

    Seems that the HP is more picky about the CSEL based CD drives.

    I've found one that actually works.

    Alan.

  3. Re: C3650 & IDE CDrom

    * Alan Hourihane:

    > I have a C3650 that's working fine, but I just cannot get it to detect the
    > IDE
    > CDROM that's installed.
    >
    > Even if I do 'sea IDE', there's still no device found. And I've tried two
    > IDE CDROM's
    > now that work just fine in a PC.
    >
    > The firmware is at 2.0.
    >
    > Has anyone any ideas what the problem could be ?

    Despite the fact that the standard setting for IDE drives is CS (cable
    select) some drives only are recognised when set to MASTER...

    Benjamin

+ Reply to Thread