Problem of C++ program in hp Unix - HP UX

This is a discussion on Problem of C++ program in hp Unix - HP UX ; Hi All I am working for porting across unix flavours. A shared library program using dlopen, dlsym etc worked on linux. But when I tried it on hp Unix 64 bit; it did not work. mytest.pc pro c program whose ...

  1. Problem of C++ program in hp Unix

    Hi All
    I am working for porting across unix flavours. A shared library
    program using dlopen, dlsym etc worked on linux. But when I tried it on
    hp Unix 64 bit; it did not work.

    mytest.pc pro c program whose shared library is required.
    prog.c c program in which I am calling function of mytest.pc(using
    dlopen,dlsym etc)
    Following is my build script for the programs.

    proc iname=mytest.pc sqlcheck=full code=cpp user=ml/ml@base35db

    aCC -g -c mytest.c -o mytest.o +DD64 -D_ARCH_PARISC -D_COMPILER_ACC
    -D_BITS_64 +Z -I/oracle/precomp/public -I/oracle/rdbms/demo
    -I/oracle/rdbms/public -L/oracle/lib /oracle/precomp/lib/cobsqlintf.o
    -lclntsh `cat /oracle/lib/sysliblist` -lm

    aCC +DD64 -b -o mytest.sl mytest.o -L/oracle/lib
    /oracle/precomp/lib/cobsqlintf.o -lclntsh `cat /oracle/lib/sysliblist`
    -lm

    aCC +DD64 -g -o run prog.c -lpthread

    It compiled correctly but gave segmentation fault. When I tried it with
    gdb it gave following error :-

    Version of shared library /lib/pa20_64/libpthread.1 not understood.

    Please help me to solve the problem if possible for anyone.
    Thanks in Advance.

  2. Re: Problem of C++ program in hp Unix

    chets wrote:
    > aCC +DD64 -g -o run prog.c -lpthread
    >
    > It compiled correctly but gave segmentation fault. When I tried it with
    > gdb it gave following error :-
    >
    > Version of shared library /lib/pa20_64/libpthread.1 not understood.

    What `model` (PARISC / ITANIUM) is your system ?

    --vishwas.

  3. Re: Problem of C++ program in hp Unix

    Hi It is PA-RISC

    Vishwas Pai wrote:
    > chets wrote:
    > > aCC +DD64 -g -o run prog.c -lpthread
    > >
    > > It compiled correctly but gave segmentation fault. When I tried it with
    > > gdb it gave following error :-
    > >
    > > Version of shared library /lib/pa20_64/libpthread.1 not understood.

    > What `model` (PARISC / ITANIUM) is your system ?
    >
    > --vishwas.

  4. Re: Problem of C++ program in hp Unix

    "chets" writes:

    > gdb it gave following error :-
    > Version of shared library /lib/pa20_64/libpthread.1 not understood.

    What version of 'gdb' and is it the latest available?

    Cheers,
    Remove /-nsp/ for email.

  5. Re: Problem of C++ program in hp Unix

    Ya it is the latest one.

    Paul Pluzhnikov wrote:
    > "chets" writes:
    >
    > > gdb it gave following error :-
    > > Version of shared library /lib/pa20_64/libpthread.1 not understood.

    > What version of 'gdb' and is it the latest available?
    >
    > Cheers,
    > --
    > In order to understand recursion you must first understand recursion.
    > Remove /-nsp/ for email.

  6. Re: Problem of C++ program in hp Unix

    chets wrote:
    > Hi It is PA-RISC

    Paste the `file` and `what` output of
    "/lib/pa20_64/libpthread.1" and "gdb" binary.

    --viswhas.

  7. Re: Problem of C++ program in hp Unix

    "chets" writes:

    > Ya it is the latest one.

    Please do not top-post, and please read this:

    Your answers so far have not been very smart, I am afraid.
    In particular, "it is the latest one" is a *very* bad answer for
    "which version are you using".

    Cheers,
    Remove /-nsp/ for email.

  8. Re: Problem of C++ program in hp Unix

    chets wrote:
    > Ya it is the latest one.

    > > What version of 'gdb' and is it the latest available?

    To get the version number of the gdb you have installed, type "gdb
    --version" and paste the resulting output into a message for posting.

    - Carl Burch

    HP WDB Team

  9. Re: Problem of C++ program in hp Unix

    > chets wrote:
    > > It compiled correctly but gave segmentation fault. When I tried it with
    > > gdb it gave following error :-
    > >
    > > Version of shared library /lib/pa20_64/libpthread.1 not understood.

    This message was changed from an error to a warning (and changed the
    text of the message) in 2002, so you must have a fairly old version of
    HP gdb. You can update (for free) by downloading a swinstall depot
    from www.hp.com/go/wdb.

    - Carl Burch

    HP WDB Team

  10. Re: Problem of C++ program in hp Unix

    I am sorry but for your information this is the output of gdb
    --version==>
    HP gdb 3.0 for PA-RISC 1.1 or 2.0 (narrow), HP-UX 11.00.
    Copyright 1986 - 2001 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
    Hewlett-Packard Wildebeest 3.0 (based on GDB) is covered by the
    GNU General Public License.

    Carl Burch wrote:
    > > chets wrote:
    > > > It compiled correctly but gave segmentation fault. When I tried it with
    > > > gdb it gave following error :-
    > > >
    > > > Version of shared library /lib/pa20_64/libpthread.1 not understood.

    > This message was changed from an error to a warning (and changed the
    > text of the message) in 2002, so you must have a fairly old version of
    > HP gdb. You can update (for free) by downloading a swinstall depot
    > from www.hp.com/go/wdb.
    >

    > - Carl Burch
    >
    > HP WDB Team

  11. Re: Problem of C++ program in hp Unix

    chets wrote:
    > I am sorry but for your information this is the output of gdb
    > --version==>
    > HP gdb 3.0 for PA-RISC 1.1 or 2.0 (narrow), HP-UX 11.00.
    > Copyright 1986 - 2001 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
    > Hewlett-Packard Wildebeest 3.0 (based on GDB) is covered by the
    > GNU General Public License.

    Thanks, that confirms your problem is due to a very old version of
    gdb. The current version of HP gdb is 5.4. The 3.0 version is several
    years old.

    > > This message was changed from an error to a warning (and changed the
    > > text of the message) in 2002, so you must have a fairly old version of
    > > HP gdb. You can update (for free) by downloading a swinstall depot
    > > from www.hp.com/go/wdb.

    If you have more problems, you can mail the WDB development team
    direct at wdb-help @at@ cup.hp.com.

    - Carl Burch

    HP WDB Team

+ Reply to Thread