how do i set up pvlinks? - HP UX

This is a discussion on how do i set up pvlinks? - HP UX ; I have two disks that I have not set up at all, how do I set them up using pvlinks? in what step of the lvm disk setup do you implement pvlinks? what are the commands? I am having trouble ...

  1. how do i set up pvlinks?

    I have two disks that I have not set up at all, how do I set them up
    using pvlinks? in what step of the lvm disk setup do you implement
    pvlinks? what are the commands? I am having trouble finding
    documentation on it.

  2. Re: how do i set up pvlinks?

    wrote in message
    news:1154470323.405959.170580@m79g2000cwm.googlegr oups.com...
    >I have two disks that I have not set up at all, how do I set them up
    > using pvlinks? in what step of the lvm disk setup do you implement
    > pvlinks? what are the commands? I am having trouble finding
    > documentation on it.

    Do your pvcreate,vgcreate, mkdir, mknod and lvcreate.
    Now just do a vgextend (1M) to the same vg referencing the alternate path.
    man vgextend

    HTH
    Mike

  3. Re: how do i set up pvlinks?

    keghead@gmail.com wrote:
    > I have two disks that I have not set up at all, how do I set them up
    > using pvlinks? in what step of the lvm disk setup do you implement
    > pvlinks? what are the commands? I am having trouble finding
    > documentation on it.

    In addition to what Mike said, consider staggering your I/O between
    LUNS. For an example, if you've got two paths and four LUNS in a
    volume group, when you create your volume group, make PathA your
    primary path to LUNS 1 and 3 and PathB your primary path to LUNS 2 and
    4. Then as Mike mentioned, extend the volume group to the other path
    for each LUN as your secondary.

    LVM should sort out which secondary paths go to which LUNs (or regular
    old disk, whichever you're using).

    Charles R. Whealton
    Charles Whealton @ pleasedontspam.com

+ Reply to Thread