swinstall fails because of: The target "hostname:/" failed Analysis - HP UX

This is a discussion on swinstall fails because of: The target "hostname:/" failed Analysis - HP UX ; I use following command to execute the swinstall: $ su root -c 'swinstall -s /home/joe/jvm/sdk14_14210_pa.depot' Following are the Settings shown on the swinstall interface: Source: hostname:/home/joe/jvm/sdk14_14210_pa.depot Target: hostname:/ After I mark and install one software, it prompts: The target "hostname:/" ...

  1. swinstall fails because of: The target "hostname:/" failed Analysis

    I use following command to execute the swinstall:

    $ su root -c 'swinstall -s /home/joe/jvm/sdk14_14210_pa.depot'

    Following are the Settings shown on the swinstall interface:

    Source: hostname:/home/joe/jvm/sdk14_14210_pa.depot
    Target: hostname:/

    After I mark and install one software, it prompts:

    The target "hostname:/" failed Analysis, so the task cannot be
    executed.

    How can I use swinstall correctly.

    PS: Can I put that depot file under a user home that may not be
    available from root and/or depot, e.g.:

    /home/joe/jvm/sdk14_14210_pa.depot

    Sincerely
    lovecreatesbeauty

  2. Re: swinstall fails because of: The target "hostname:/" failed Analysis

    lovecreatesbeauty wrote:
    > I use following command to execute the swinstall:
    >
    > $ su root -c 'swinstall -s /home/joe/jvm/sdk14_14210_pa.depot'
    >
    > Following are the Settings shown on the swinstall interface:
    >
    > Source: hostname:/home/joe/jvm/sdk14_14210_pa.depot
    > Target: hostname:/

    I assign /bin/sdk14_14210_pa to "Target" again and complete the
    installation. But is the new path a right choice for a user utility?
    Thank you.

+ Reply to Thread