Automated SysAdmin; Dot Files; HP-UX porting (ver: Mar 6, 2006) - HP UX

This is a discussion on Automated SysAdmin; Dot Files; HP-UX porting (ver: Mar 6, 2006) - HP UX ; The automated system administration scripts, which are copies of the scripts in active use on our Solaris 2.X, Linux (RedHat and Mandrake), SGI IRIX 6.X, and FreeBSD 5.X systems; they also were used on SunOS 4.1.X, HP (HP-UX 9.X), SGI ...

  1. Automated SysAdmin; Dot Files; HP-UX porting (ver: Mar 6, 2006)

    The automated system administration scripts, which are copies of the
    scripts in active use on our Solaris 2.X, Linux (RedHat and Mandrake),
    SGI IRIX 6.X, and FreeBSD 5.X systems; they also were used on
    SunOS 4.1.X, HP (HP-UX 9.X), SGI (IRIX 5.X).
    They are available as files 'autoadmin.shar.*' from URL:
    http://www.noc.utoronto.ca/~mikep/unix/
    (Note: these files were last updated Mar 6, 2006).

    The dot file scripts, which are copies of the .cshrc / .login / .profile
    / etc scripts in active use on our Solaris 2.X, Linux (RedHat and Mandrake),
    SGI IRIX 6.X, and FreeBSD 5.X systems; they also were used on
    SunOS 4.1.X, HP (HP-UX 9.X), SGI (IRIX 5.X).
    They are available as files 'dotfiles.shar.*' from URL:
    http://www.noc.utoronto.ca/~mikep/unix/
    (Note: these files were last updated Mar 6, 2006).

    The BSD to HP-UX porting tricks, a set of notes and helpful C routines
    for porting programs to HP-UX, are available from URL:
    http://www.noc.utoronto.ca/~mikep/unix/HPTRICKS
    This file also contains a driver program and functions to obtain the
    load average on a wide variety of systems, including HP-UX, IRIX,
    SunOS, Solaris, DEC OSF, Stardent(!), and even for systems with no
    /dev/kmem access (or if you can't get your program to be setgid to the
    "kmem" group because you do not have 'root' access).
    (Note: this file was last updated Jun 16, 1999).
    --
    I come from a small town whose population never changed. Mike Peterson
    Each time a woman got pregnant, someone left town. U/T Network Security

  2. Re: Automated SysAdmin; Dot Files; HP-UX porting (ver: Mar 6, 2006)

    These .shar files are compressed somehow. How do I combine and
    uncompress?

    Mike Peterson wrote:
    > The automated system administration scripts, which are copies of the
    > scripts in active use on our Solaris 2.X, Linux (RedHat and Mandrake),
    > SGI IRIX 6.X, and FreeBSD 5.X systems; they also were used on
    > SunOS 4.1.X, HP (HP-UX 9.X), SGI (IRIX 5.X).
    > They are available as files 'autoadmin.shar.*' from URL:
    > http://www.noc.utoronto.ca/~mikep/unix/
    > (Note: these files were last updated Mar 6, 2006).
    >
    > The dot file scripts, which are copies of the .cshrc / .login / .profile
    > / etc scripts in active use on our Solaris 2.X, Linux (RedHat and Mandrake),
    > SGI IRIX 6.X, and FreeBSD 5.X systems; they also were used on
    > SunOS 4.1.X, HP (HP-UX 9.X), SGI (IRIX 5.X).
    > They are available as files 'dotfiles.shar.*' from URL:
    > http://www.noc.utoronto.ca/~mikep/unix/
    > (Note: these files were last updated Mar 6, 2006).
    >
    > The BSD to HP-UX porting tricks, a set of notes and helpful C routines
    > for porting programs to HP-UX, are available from URL:
    > http://www.noc.utoronto.ca/~mikep/unix/HPTRICKS
    > This file also contains a driver program and functions to obtain the
    > load average on a wide variety of systems, including HP-UX, IRIX,
    > SunOS, Solaris, DEC OSF, Stardent(!), and even for systems with no
    > /dev/kmem access (or if you can't get your program to be setgid to the
    > "kmem" group because you do not have 'root' access).
    > (Note: this file was last updated Jun 16, 1999).
    > --
    > I come from a small town whose population never changed. Mike Peterson
    > Each time a woman got pregnant, someone left town. U/T Network Security
    > E-mail: mikep@noc.utoronto.ca Tel: 416-978-5230
    > WWW: http://www.noc.utoronto.ca/~mikep/ Fax: 416-971-1362

  3. Re: Automated SysAdmin; Dot Files; HP-UX porting (ver: Mar 6, 2006)

    · gbruner@gmail.com :

    > These .shar files are compressed somehow. How do I combine and
    > uncompress?

    You "cat" them together and then execute the resulting
    file.

    Alexander Skwar
    --
    Mit dem, was du selbst tun kannst, bemühe nie andere.
    -- Thomas Jefferson

  4. Re: Automated SysAdmin; Dot Files; HP-UX porting (ver: Mar 6, 2006)

    In comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc gbruner@gmail.com wrote:
    > These .shar files are compressed somehow. How do I combine and
    > uncompress?

    shar =*SHell ARchive
    Just use your shell:

    cat filea fileb filec ... | sh

    Martin
    --
    "For the Snark's a peculiar creature, that won't
    Be caught in a commonplace way.

+ Reply to Thread