Configuring mail on HPUX11.1 - HP UX

This is a discussion on Configuring mail on HPUX11.1 - HP UX ; Can someone help me with a manual(pdf) or a link on hoe i can configure mail on Hp.Ux11.1.I am running informix ids7.3 on my box. Thanks for any suggestions Hpkid...

  1. Configuring mail on HPUX11.1

    Can someone help me with a manual(pdf) or a link on hoe i can
    configure mail on Hp.Ux11.1.I am running informix ids7.3 on my box.
    Thanks for any suggestions

    Hpkid

  2. Re: Configuring mail on HPUX11.1

    Hpkid wrote:
    > Can someone help me with a manual(pdf) or a link on hoe i can
    > configure mail on Hp.Ux11.1.I am running informix ids7.3 on my box.
    > Thanks for any suggestions
    >
    > Hpkid

    Hpkid: What are you trying to do? I'm assuming you want to send mail
    from Informix? Are you just trying to email logfiles from jobs run
    against Informix?

    Charles R. Whealton
    Charles Whealton @ pleasedontspam.com

  3. Re: Configuring mail on HPUX11.1

    Chuck Whealton wrote:
    > Hpkid wrote:
    > > Can someone help me with a manual(pdf) or a link on hoe i can
    > > configure mail on Hp.Ux11.1.I am running informix ids7.3 on my box.
    > > Thanks for any suggestions
    > >
    > > Hpkid

    > Hpkid: What are you trying to do? I'm assuming you want to send mail
    > from Informix? Are you just trying to email logfiles from jobs run
    > against Informix?
    >
    > Charles R. Whealton
    > Charles Whealton @ pleasedontspam.com

    You are right i want to sendmail from informix to users .

  4. Re: Configuring mail on HPUX11.1

    Hpkid wrote:
    > Chuck Whealton wrote:
    > > Hpkid wrote:
    > > > Can someone help me with a manual(pdf) or a link on hoe i can
    > > > configure mail on Hp.Ux11.1.I am running informix ids7.3 on my box.
    > > > Thanks for any suggestions
    > > >
    > > > Hpkid

    > > Hpkid: What are you trying to do? I'm assuming you want to send mail
    > > from Informix? Are you just trying to email logfiles from jobs run
    > > against Informix?
    > >
    > > Charles R. Whealton
    > > Charles Whealton @ pleasedontspam.com

    > You are right i want to sendmail from informix to users .

    Are you using some type of Informix package that's got a configurable
    SMTP server parameter? Otherwise, if you're writing to an operating
    system level logfile, you could (assuming sendmail is configured
    properly) just pipe the output to mailx and send it to yourself or
    whoever gets the output.

    Charles R. Whealton
    Charles Whealton @ pleasedontspam.com

+ Reply to Thread