change runtime path lookup for shared library dependancies - HP UX

This is a discussion on change runtime path lookup for shared library dependancies - HP UX ; When a shared library is created I can use the +b option to ld to specify a list of directories to search for other needed libraries. Is there a way to change that path setting after the shared library is ...

  1. change runtime path lookup for shared library dependancies

    When a shared library is created I can use the +b option
    to ld to specify a list of directories to search for other
    needed libraries. Is there a way to change that path setting
    after the shared library is created?

    Here is an example: I create a shared library libbig.sl. At
    library creation time I used +b /some/path to specify a set
    of paths to search for other libraries needed by big.sl.

    Is there a way to change this set of paths after the shared
    library is created?

    If I cannot change the paths then I will need to just recreate
    the shared lib with a different set of paths, but it would be nice
    if I could avoid that.

    -Ram

  2. Re: change runtime path lookup for shared library dependancies

    schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    news:1153940728.993409.98580@s13g2000cwa.googlegro ups.com...
    > When a shared library is created I can use the +b option
    > to ld to specify a list of directories to search for other
    > needed libraries. Is there a way to change that path setting
    > after the shared library is created?
    >
    > Here is an example: I create a shared library libbig.sl. At
    > library creation time I used +b /some/path to specify a set
    > of paths to search for other libraries needed by big.sl.
    >
    > Is there a way to change this set of paths after the shared
    > library is created?
    >
    > If I cannot change the paths then I will need to just recreate
    > the shared lib with a different set of paths, but it would be nice
    > if I could avoid that.
    >
    > -Ram

    Hi

    have a look at "man chatr"
    regards
    Reinhard

  3. Re: change runtime path lookup for shared library dependancies

    rambham@gmail.com writes:

    > Is there a way to change this set of paths after the shared
    > library is created?

    Sure: you can binary-edit the embedded path and change it to
    whatever you wish (so long as the replacement is not longer then
    the original).

    > If I cannot change the paths then I will need to just recreate
    > the shared lib with a different set of paths, but it would be nice
    > if I could avoid that.

    Most people prefer using SHLIB_PATH instead of rebuilding or
    binary-editing.

    Cheers,
    Remove /-nsp/ for email.

+ Reply to Thread