OK - I've recently installed print audit software "Sepia Argos" onto
our print server "windows 2000" and I'm now looking for it too
acknowledge and log our unix print queue's.

On the Win 2000 server I've enabled "Other Network File and Print
Services" then added the unix based printer to the Win 2000 server via
an LPR port.

The newly created printer can now be seen by the print audit software
but does not log any activity.

I thought that the issue maybe with the rlpdaemon - remote spooling
line printer daemon not running on our HP-UX box, so I attempted to
start rpldaemon using /usr/sbin/rlpdaemon -I so that it creates a log
file. I've also created an entry within the file /etc/hosts.equiv to
allow all "+ +" hostname, username access.

If I grep for the rpldaemon process nothing is returned - If I attempt
to print to the unix printer through windows the following is written
in the log file /var/adm/lp/lpd.log

unable to bind address (internet domain bind): Address already in use
/usr/sbin/rlpdaemon: cleanup()
Host name for your address (15.75.11.11) unknown
Host name for your address (15.75.11.11) unknown
Host name for your address (15.75.11.11) unknown
Host name for your address (15.75.11.11) unknown
Host name for your address (15.75.11.11) unknown

I guess my questions would be:

Does rlpdaemon need to be running for me to achive the above?
Am I following the wrong path here?
Can anyone please assist?

Cheers

Pete