HELP: lost part of /usr/sbin, have backup but no frecover command! - HP UX

This is a discussion on HELP: lost part of /usr/sbin, have backup but no frecover command! - HP UX ; I lost a good part of my /usr/sbin/ directory, I'm still not 100% sure how. I can't run sam and I don't have fbackup or frecover. I have a backup tape with a good copy of the directory but no ...

  1. HELP: lost part of /usr/sbin, have backup but no frecover command!

    I lost a good part of my /usr/sbin/ directory, I'm still not 100% sure
    how. I can't run sam and I don't have fbackup or frecover.

    I have a backup tape with a good copy of the directory but no way to
    read it without frecover. Could some kind soul email me frecover's
    executable or tell me where I can download it please. I'm running 11.11

    Thanks!

    Email: john@unixnerd.demon.co.uk, John G.Burns B.Eng, Bonny Scotland
    Web : http://www.unixnerd.demon.co.uk - The Ultimate BMW Homepage!
    www.Strathspey.co.uk - Quality Binoculars at a Sensible price

  2. Re: HELP: lost part of /usr/sbin, have backup but no frecover command!

    John Burns wrote:
    > I lost a good part of my /usr/sbin/ directory, I'm still not 100% sure
    > how. I can't run sam and I don't have fbackup or frecover.
    >
    > I have a backup tape with a good copy of the directory but no way to
    > read it without frecover. Could some kind soul email me frecover's
    > executable or tell me where I can download it please. I'm running 11.11
    >
    > Thanks!
    >

    > --
    > Who needs a life when you've got Unix? :-)
    > Email: john@unixnerd.demon.co.uk, John G.Burns B.Eng, Bonny Scotland
    > Web : http://www.unixnerd.demon.co.uk - The Ultimate BMW Homepage!
    > Need Sun or HP Unix kit? http://www.unixnerd.demon.co.uk/unix.html
    > www.Strathspey.co.uk - Quality Binoculars at a Sensible price

    John:

    Don't you have another 11.11 system that you could use to extract, or
    assuming the same patching levels, copy it from?

    Do you have an Ignite-UX backup of it? There are procedures to use TAR
    to get files from Ignite tapes, though I'm mentioning this without
    knowing off the top of my head where the tar executable is located!

    Charles R. Whealton
    Charles Whealton @ pleasedontspam.com

+ Reply to Thread