No line numbers when debugging using gcc and gdb - HP UX

This is a discussion on No line numbers when debugging using gcc and gdb - HP UX ; I compiled a small test program on my hpux B.11 system with gcc 4.0.2 and gdb 5.2 with gcc -ggdb -o t t.c When I go into gdb there is no line number information. This works fine on my solaris ...

  1. No line numbers when debugging using gcc and gdb

    I compiled a small test program on my hpux B.11 system with gcc 4.0.2 and
    gdb 5.2 with
    gcc -ggdb -o t t.c
    When I go into gdb there is no line number information. This works fine on
    my solaris 5.10 system.

    Any ideas why I do not get line number information on my hpux system?

  2. Re: No line numbers when debugging using gcc and gdb

    programmer wrote:
    > I compiled a small test program on my hpux B.11 system with gcc 4.0.2 and
    > gdb 5.2 with
    > gcc -ggdb -o t t.c
    > When I go into gdb there is no line number information. This works fine on
    > my solaris 5.10 system.
    >
    > Any ideas why I do not get line number information on my hpux system?

    Try -g, instead of -ggdb. Let us know (and maybe the mailing list
    hpux-devtools@cup.hp.com) if it helps.

    The current gdb release from HP is 5.4 ().

    Eric

  3. Re: No line numbers when debugging using gcc and gdb

    Eric Gouriou wrote:
    > Try -g, instead of -ggdb. Let us know (and maybe the mailing list
    > hpux-devtools@cup.hp.com) if it helps.

    I meant but forgot the cxx

    Eric

+ Reply to Thread