Disk Clone - HP UX

This is a discussion on Disk Clone - HP UX ; How to make a clone of disk...

  1. Disk Clone

    How to make a clone of disk

  2. Re: Disk Clone

    "sachin" wrote in message
    news:1152777208.336611.40480@p79g2000cwp.googlegro ups.com...
    > How to make a clone of disk

    dd

  3. Re: Disk Clone

    M schrieb:
    > dd

    is not a good choice.... ignite

  4. Re: Disk Clone

    sachin wrote:
    > How to make a clone of disk

    Sachin:

    I'd use either a vxdump/vxrestore pipeline (assuming you're using
    VxFS), or an fbackup/frecover pipeline.

    You can use the online man page on either of the restore programs and
    search for "pipeline" for an example.

    Charles R. Whealton
    Charles Whealton @ pleasedontspam.com

  5. Re: Disk Clone

    sachin wrote:
    > How to make a clone of disk

    dd will do it, but that may not meet one's objectives.
    What are one's objectives?
    See also:
    news:1147144043.547872.221020@j73g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com
    for quite similar issues with a somewhat different operating system.
    Making a disk "too identical" and/or trying to copy a disk while it's
    being written to can potentially be hazardous operations.

  6. Re: Disk Clone

    ยท michael1cat@yahoo.com :

    > Making a disk "too identical" and/or trying to copy a disk while it's
    > being written to can potentially be hazardous operations.

    What do you mean with "hazardous"?

    The only risk that I can think of is, that the image might not be
    "consistent", ie. might be unusable.

    Alexander Skwar
    --
    Manche Menschen sprechen aus Erfahrung, andere sprechen aus Erfahrung
    nicht.

+ Reply to Thread