Changing # of Logical Volumes - HP UX

This is a discussion on Changing # of Logical Volumes - HP UX ; On a imported drive it shows only 3 volumes, but I am sure that there was more than that on the drive how and can I change that if I am not sure how many are on the drive. Thanks ...

  1. Changing # of Logical Volumes

    On a imported drive it shows only 3 volumes, but I am sure that there
    was more than that on the drive how and can I change that if I am not
    sure how many are on the drive.

    Thanks
    Tom

  2. Re: Changing # of Logical Volumes

    tomr@webaccess.net wrote:
    > On a imported drive it shows only 3 volumes, but I am sure that there
    > was more than that on the drive how and can I change that if I am not
    > sure how many are on the drive.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Tom

    Tom:

    Did you remember to import all the physical disks that were associated
    with your volume group (assuming vgimport would allow you to NOT import
    all of them)? Hopefully you performed a backup before you performed
    this operation?

    I've never had vgimport "loose" logical volumes on me.

    Charles R. Whealton
    Charles Whealton @ pleasedontspam.com

+ Reply to Thread