Installing Oracle 9i - HP UX

This is a discussion on Installing Oracle 9i - HP UX ; Could any please tell me the necessary steps to be taken for installing oracle 9i server on my machine....

  1. Installing Oracle 9i

    Could any please tell me the necessary steps to be taken for installing
    oracle 9i server on my machine.

  2. Re: Installing Oracle 9i

    sachin wrote:
    > Could any please tell me the necessary steps to be taken for installing
    > oracle 9i server on my machine.

    Sachin,

    Normally Oracle has a very detailed installation guide on their download
    site in pdf.

    Kind regards,

    Jan Gerrit Kootstra

  3. Re: Installing Oracle 9i

    sachin wrote:
    > Could any please tell me the necessary steps to be taken for installing
    > oracle 9i server on my machine.

    Sachin:

    Briefly, you're going to need to set a number of kernel parameters
    (shared memory, etc.), detailed in the Oracle installation guide. As
    another poster said, you should view this guide.

    You'll probably want an Oracle application owner account, need an
    oracle dba group, possibly want an oracle installation group. You'll
    want to allocate space SEPARATE from your HP-UX file systems for the
    installation. You'll need more separate space for the database.

    if you're using any recent version of Oracle, it uses a GUi so you'll
    need some type of XServer to see it.

    That's just for starters. You'll definately need to read the
    installation guide and have your DBA with you.

    Good luck!

    Charles R. Whealton
    Charles Whealton @ pleasedontspam.com

+ Reply to Thread