Mounting a Crashed drive 10.20 hp-ux - HP UX

This is a discussion on Mounting a Crashed drive 10.20 hp-ux - HP UX ; I am trying to mount a drive the won't boot on a different box (old C180 HP-UX) I ran the the vgimport on the /dev/dsk/ which create the lvol1 through 3 but I am sure that there was more than ...

  1. Mounting a Crashed drive 10.20 hp-ux

    I am trying to mount a drive the won't boot on a different box (old
    C180 HP-UX)
    I ran the the vgimport on the /dev/dsk/ which create the lvol1 through
    3 but I am sure that there was more than 3 volume on the drive. is that
    going to cause a problem? I did this one other time in the past, I
    though that I create more volumes than I had on the drive. but I can
    find my notes on how I did this.
    Now I can mount lvol1 to see my root info but lvol2 and 3 give error
    about is corrupted need checking.
    lvol3 is vxfs drive if info helps.

    Any help would be great. Thanks
    Tom

  2. Re: Mounting a Crashed drive 10.20 hp-ux

    tomr@webaccess.net wrote:
    > I am trying to mount a drive the won't boot on a different box (old
    > C180 HP-UX)
    > I ran the the vgimport on the /dev/dsk/ which create the lvol1 through
    > 3 but I am sure that there was more than 3 volume on the drive. is that
    > going to cause a problem? I did this one other time in the past, I
    > though that I create more volumes than I had on the drive. but I can
    > find my notes on how I did this.
    > Now I can mount lvol1 to see my root info but lvol2 and 3 give error
    > about is corrupted need checking.
    > lvol3 is vxfs drive if info helps.
    >
    > Any help would be great. Thanks
    > Tom

    Tom: Did you run fsck on the defective volumes? If the box that was
    using it went down, you may simply have a defective drive. Have you
    looked at the online manual page for fsck? In this and your other
    post, you said you thought there were more than three logical volumes
    on it - are you sure the drive just isn't trashed?

    Charles R. Whealton
    Charles Whealton @ pleasedontspam.com

+ Reply to Thread