moving a volume group to new disks - HP UX

This is a discussion on moving a volume group to new disks - HP UX ; hello i'm looking for the best way to move an entire volume group from the set of disks it is now using to a new set of disks (another storage box) using lvm. I can't use pvmove. Any suggestion? thank ...

  1. moving a volume group to new disks

    hello

    i'm looking for the best way to move an entire volume group from the
    set of disks it is now using to a new set of disks (another storage
    box) using lvm. I can't use pvmove. Any suggestion?
    thank you very much!

  2. Re: moving a volume group to new disks

    mmartini0606@yahoo.it writes:

    > hello
    >
    > i'm looking for the best way to move an entire volume group from the
    > set of disks it is now using to a new set of disks (another storage
    > box) using lvm. I can't use pvmove. Any suggestion?
    > thank you very much!

    Why can't you use pvmove? (I'd suggest to add the new disks to the VG, then
    pvmove, then, vgreduce the old disks away) You could create a new VG with same
    LV sized and do an offline(!) dd from source to destination LV.

    Ulrich

+ Reply to Thread