Question about HPUX OS software licensing rules - HP UX

This is a discussion on Question about HPUX OS software licensing rules - HP UX ; Does anyone know what a software support contract with HP provides? In terms of: 1) support 2) right to use 3) access to patches I'm specifically wondering about the right to use issue. If you don't renew your software support ...

  1. Question about HPUX OS software licensing rules

    Does anyone know what a software support contract with HP provides? In
    terms of:

    1) support
    2) right to use
    3) access to patches

    I'm specifically wondering about the right to use issue. If you don't
    renew your software support contract with HP do you lose the legal
    right to keep running the OS? IE are you really just renting the
    sofware and as opposed to having purchased it?

  2. Re: Question about HPUX OS software licensing rules

    * gerryd:

    > Does anyone know what a software support contract with HP provides? In
    > terms of:
    >
    > 1) support
    > 2) right to use
    > 3) access to patches

    Why not ask HP?

    > I'm specifically wondering about the right to use issue. If you don't
    > renew your software support contract with HP do you lose the legal
    > right to keep running the OS?

    No.

    > IE are you really just renting the
    > sofware and as opposed to having purchased it?

    No. You still can continue to use the software. The support contract is
    for updates and maintenance. Without support you won't get updates any
    more, and if something doesn't work you're on your own.

    Benjamin

+ Reply to Thread