Sam Error - HP UX

This is a discussion on Sam Error - HP UX ; Sam is displaying the following message when deleting a user; failed to remove the user "xxxx". There was an unknown error in "/usr/sbin/userdel". The output from this command was: sh: 3656 Memory fault.Can someone help to enable me ...

  1. Sam Error

    Sam is displaying the following message when deleting a user;
    failed to remove the user "xxxx".

    There was an unknown error in
    "/usr/sbin/userdel". The output from this command was: sh: 3656
    Memory fault.Can someone help to enable me to completely remove the
    user/s .Including all their home directory files

  2. Re: Sam Error

    Hpkid wrote:
    > Sam is displaying the following message when deleting a user;
    > failed to remove the user "xxxx".
    >
    > There was an unknown error in
    > "/usr/sbin/userdel". The output from this command was: sh: 3656
    > Memory fault.Can someone help to enable me to completely remove the
    > user/s .Including all their home directory files

    userdel has a bug. Try installing the latest patch
    for userdel (AFAIK, the patch is called "ugm") for
    your OS revision.

    --vishwas.

  3. Re: Sam Error

    Which version of the OS are you running? There is probably a patch to
    fix it. You could also try "userdel" from the command line. If it
    fails, it will give you some idea if the patch should be for SAM or for
    userdel.

    Best Regards,

    HP_ASC

    Hpkid wrote:
    > Sam is displaying the following message when deleting a user;
    > failed to remove the user "xxxx".
    >
    > There was an unknown error in
    > "/usr/sbin/userdel". The output from this command was: sh: 3656
    > Memory fault.Can someone help to enable me to completely remove the
    > user/s .Including all their home directory files

+ Reply to Thread