Hi All,

Sorry if you might think this is the wrong NG, but has anyone ever
configured SNMP for Oracle on a HP-UX 11.11 system? I have a perspective
customer who is being told by Oracle that Oracle does not support SNMP on
HP-UX. They have a pre-Oracle 9i document (Note:102796.1 - How to configure
the agent with SNMP on HP) describing how to configure SNMP for Oracle (yet
they don't support it - ??? - ugh) but the documentation is riddled with
mistakes and even a command to issue that no longer exists in Oracle 9i.
The SNMP "stack" seems to be working correctly since I can perform SNMP Gets
(RFC 1213) to the OS but when the OID is for Oracle, it always returns "No
data available". This to me implies that the Oracle software components are
not properly configured but (again) we cannot get any support from Oracle on
this matter. Thanks for any help you might be able to provide.

Tony