Starbase graphics library in other OSs ? - HP UX

This is a discussion on Starbase graphics library in other OSs ? - HP UX ; Hi, I remember there was an open-source emulation layer for IRIS GL on top of OpenGL, so I'm wondering about Starbase: I've a lot of legacy code written for HPUX that uses the Starbase graphics library. I wonder if anybody ...

  1. Starbase graphics library in other OSs ?

    Hi,

    I remember there was an open-source emulation layer for IRIS GL on top
    of OpenGL, so I'm wondering about Starbase:

    I've a lot of legacy code written for HPUX that uses the Starbase
    graphics library. I wonder if anybody ever developed any Starbase
    emulation layer on top of OpenGL, or any port to other OS, so that I
    can try to recompile this code in a new machine, like a PC with Linux
    or a Mac.

    Alternatively, did HP release Starbase for other OSs?

    Thanks,

    nopa

  2. Re: Starbase graphics library in other OSs ?

    nopa wrote:

    > I've a lot of legacy code written for HPUX that uses the
    > Starbase graphics library. I wonder if anybody ever developed
    > any Starbase emulation layer on top of OpenGL, or any port to
    > other OS, so that I can try to recompile this code in a new
    > machine, like a PC with Linux or a Mac.

    Aunty google probaby knows it. If there's no such thing why not
    develop it yourself?

    > Alternatively, did HP release Starbase for other OSs?

    Don't know, this is an OpenGL newsgroup.

    Wolfgang Draxinger
    --

  3. Re: Starbase graphics library in other OSs ?

    Wolfgang Draxinger wrote:
    > nopa wrote:
    >
    > > I've a lot of legacy code written for HPUX that uses the
    > > Starbase graphics library. I wonder if anybody ever developed
    > > any Starbase emulation layer on top of OpenGL, or any port to
    > > other OS, so that I can try to recompile this code in a new
    > > machine, like a PC with Linux or a Mac.

    > Aunty google probaby knows it. If there's no such thing why not
    > develop it yourself?

    Starbase is a big beast. However, I can try to do an inventory of how
    many Starbase functions does this legacy code actually use, and if it's
    a reasonably small subset, I might try to develop it myself. Anyway, I
    think it's wise to ask about this first.

    > > Alternatively, did HP release Starbase for other OSs?

    > Don't know, this is an OpenGL newsgroup.

    Indeed, but I believe that if anybody ever implemented an Starbase
    emulation layer, it would have been done on top of OpenGL, so I
    considered this message as "on-topic" for comp.graphics.api.opengl

    nopa

+ Reply to Thread