NFS on HPUX for kernel module - HP UX

This is a discussion on NFS on HPUX for kernel module - HP UX ; Hi, This question is particularly on NFS implementation on HPUX. I am writing a kernel module to access some files in all supported file systems in HPUX , it includes NFS (version 2 & 3 both). So there are multiple ...

  1. NFS on HPUX for kernel module

    Hi,
    This question is particularly on NFS implementation on HPUX. I
    am writing a kernel module to access some files in all supported file
    systems in HPUX , it includes NFS (version 2 & 3 both). So there are
    multiple issues I am facing incase of NFS, which were working fine for
    local file systems, and I am wondering if the implementation is
    something drastically different than what I can see in opensolaris
    code. Following are the issues I am facing -

    1. I get an NFS vp, and I am trying to get a complete filename out of
    it, well I have a routine written for it which fetches the filename
    from DNLC and works fine 99% of the cases. But for NFS, this routine
    doesnt work, specially when I am creating a file, or mostly when I have
    done an mkdir operation . I have hooked up mkdir syscall, and just
    after vop_mkdir() call I take the vp and run my routine on it... BUT I
    dont get any pathname (I never get a pathname)... it probably means
    that this vp is stale for NFS. So is there a way that I can refresh my
    file handle for NFS ????

    2. I am calling VOP_FID() to get the fid related to a vp. This guy
    always returns me return code as 71, which is EREMOTE .. I dont know
    why. Well I figured out from the debugger that vn_fid pointer in
    vnodeops points to nfs_noop in case NFS... why is so ?? I thought fid
    makes maximum sense only in case of cachefs or in case of NFS only ?
    Well getting this fid is quite critical for my module, so is there any
    other way I can get an fid ??

    Hoping to get an answer here....
    Thanks.

  2. Re: NFS on HPUX for kernel module

    iam.techy@gmail.com wrote:
    > This question is particularly on NFS implementation on HPUX. I
    > am writing a kernel module to access some files in all supported file
    > systems in HPUX , it includes NFS (version 2 & 3 both). So there are
    > multiple issues I am facing incase of NFS, which were working fine for
    > local file systems, and I am wondering if the implementation is
    > something drastically different than what I can see in opensolaris
    > code. Following are the issues I am facing -
    >
    > 1. I get an NFS vp, and I am trying to get a complete filename out of
    > it, well I have a routine written for it which fetches the filename
    > from DNLC and works fine 99% of the cases. But for NFS, this routine
    > doesnt work, specially when I am creating a file, or mostly when I have
    > done an mkdir operation . I have hooked up mkdir syscall, and just
    > after vop_mkdir() call I take the vp and run my routine on it... BUT I
    > dont get any pathname (I never get a pathname)... it probably means
    > that this vp is stale for NFS. So is there a way that I can refresh my
    > file handle for NFS ????
    >
    > 2. I am calling VOP_FID() to get the fid related to a vp. This guy
    > always returns me return code as 71, which is EREMOTE .. I dont know
    > why. Well I figured out from the debugger that vn_fid pointer in
    > vnodeops points to nfs_noop in case NFS... why is so ?? I thought fid
    > makes maximum sense only in case of cachefs or in case of NFS only ?
    > Well getting this fid is quite critical for my module, so is there any
    > other way I can get an fid ??

    What is the OS revision ?

    Can you try hpnfs_fid() instead. But I'm not sure if this
    is a supported interface.

    --vishwas

+ Reply to Thread