Jetadmin + HP-UX how to know who printed?? - HP UX

This is a discussion on Jetadmin + HP-UX how to know who printed?? - HP UX ; Hi gents, thanks in advance for all the help in other topics. I have a big issue, I don't know who is printing using one of my jetadmin cues, I wanted to know if there is a way to see ...

  1. Jetadmin + HP-UX how to know who printed??

    Hi gents, thanks in advance for all the help in other topics.
    I have a big issue, I don't know who is printing using one of my
    jetadmin cues, I wanted to know if there is a way to see who printed in
    a cue.
    thanks

  2. Re: Jetadmin + HP-UX how to know who printed??

    "Sako" writes:

    > Hi gents, thanks in advance for all the help in other topics.
    > I have a big issue, I don't know who is printing using one of my
    > jetadmin cues, I wanted to know if there is a way to see who printed in
    > a cue.
    > thanks

    "cue" == "queue"?

    Even if the protocol has a "user" somewhere, it's no guaranteed that it will
    be set: I'd suggest to use OS features to put the user's name into the print
    job's title. Some of the better printers might display that in the...display.

    If that answer doesn't help, describe the problem a bit more precise.

    Ulrich

  3. Re: Jetadmin + HP-UX how to know who printed??

    What about creating a wrapper for the "lp" command. The wrapper will
    then be logging
    all calls with additional info as username, workstation, timestamp to a
    file before
    forwarding the request to the real "lp" command.

    Ulrich Windl wrote:
    > "Sako" writes:
    >
    > > Hi gents, thanks in advance for all the help in other topics.
    > > I have a big issue, I don't know who is printing using one of my
    > > jetadmin cues, I wanted to know if there is a way to see who printed in
    > > a cue.
    > > thanks

    > "cue" == "queue"?
    >
    > Even if the protocol has a "user" somewhere, it's no guaranteed that it will
    > be set: I'd suggest to use OS features to put the user's name into the print
    > job's title. Some of the better printers might display that in the...display.
    >
    > If that answer doesn't help, describe the problem a bit more precise.
    >
    > Ulrich

  4. Re: Jetadmin + HP-UX how to know who printed??

    Sako wrote:
    > Hi gents, thanks in advance for all the help in other topics.
    > I have a big issue, I don't know who is printing using one of my
    > jetadmin cues, I wanted to know if there is a way to see who printed in
    > a cue.
    > thanks

    Assuming HP-UX, look at /var/adm/lp/log.

  5. Re: Jetadmin + HP-UX how to know who printed??

    Assuming HP-UX, look at /var/adm/lp/log.
    Was what I needed thanks!!!!

    robert.herron@gmail.com ha escrito:

    > Sako wrote:
    > > Hi gents, thanks in advance for all the help in other topics.
    > > I have a big issue, I don't know who is printing using one of my
    > > jetadmin cues, I wanted to know if there is a way to see who printed in
    > > a cue.
    > > thanks

    > Assuming HP-UX, look at /var/adm/lp/log.

+ Reply to Thread